Anyone tried CafeDotNet in Hillsborough?

emmab

They had to take some computers out to get more tables in, but they do offer free wi-fi. They also don't charge for using the computers if you're eating or drinking so it's more of an added extra than the main part of the business.

Thanks for the feedback, will pass it on! :)

I walked pass the other day and didnt have to much "kerb appeal" to say it is opposite the park and could do great... could do with more colour and look a bit more welcoming in my opinion :-)

They had to take some computers out to get more tables in, but they do offer free wi-fi. They also don't charge for using the computers if you're eating or drinking so it's more of an added extra than the main part of the business.

Thanks for the feedback, will pass it on! :)

It'd be good to advertise about the wifi. I work from home a bit and will probably head down there with the laptop for a change of scenery:)

Would have thought there's quite a bit of cafe trade in that area, being in the vicinity of the library, bowls club and the park etc.

Not sure about the internet cafe idea - most of those seem to have closed down over the past 10 years since their boom time.

Shame neither Truely Scrumtious or CafeDotNet open in the evenings - with all the commuters who live in the area I would have thought an evening continental-style cafe/bar would have as big a trade as the ladies-that-lunch custom.

I will be trying the new cafe out as i used to go in the riverside but wont go in anymore as had a run in with the lady on the front counter find her very rude an in your face so would be nice to try somewhere new :)

Give it a try I think you will be nicely surprised. Reasonable prices and homemade food. Caters for adults and childrens meals at reasonable prices.Go on cafe.net website you should find the menu. Five of us had a small party today, we all had the homemade tarts and they are lovely. The coffee by the way is the real Italian coffee. Its all healthy food.

I am surprised they opened a cafe opposite another cafe which has very little trade;I do hope they are successful as I have some investments nearby and the area is a little somnulent.

I think if you give it a try you will like what you get. It is homemade food and healthy at very reasonable prices. The potato and leek soup is to die for. They have atake away service as well as eating in. I shall definately go again whenever i am in Hillsborough. Incidently, they open Saturday afternoon although other shops on the precints close.

Archived