Anyone tried CafeDotNet in Hillsborough?

emmab

I dont think being opposite the scrumptious cafe is a problem because this place doesnt sell sandwiches?! ...just coffee and cakes.. I went in with my little girl and found it very strange we couldnt buy lunch in a cafe - seems a huge gap in their business opportunity to not make some simple sandwiches and toasties in what otherwise seems a nice attractive place :hihi:

If you go on the cafe.net website you will see they cater for childrens meals at a very reasonable price. Happy eating.

Yes been today with some friends. The food is lovely and reasonable prices. They cater for childrens meals also. The homemade savoury tarts are fab.

Very fresh and welcoming atmosphere. Will definately go again. The coffee is real Italian coffee and I enjoyed it so much I had two. They have a take away service as well and Im told the potato and leek soup is great.

Its a must to visit.

I dont think being opposite the scrumptious cafe is a problem because this place doesnt sell sandwiches?! ...just coffee and cakes.. I went in with my little girl and found it very strange we couldnt buy lunch in a cafe - seems a huge gap in their business opportunity to not make some simple sandwiches and toasties in what otherwise seems a nice attractive place :hihi:

Coffee and cakes sounds nice but not sustainable food if its for a meal.

I think if you give it a try you will like what you get. It is homemade food and healthy at very reasonable prices. The potato and leek soup is to die for. They have atake away service as well as eating in. I shall definately go again whenever i am in Hillsborough. Incidently, they open Saturday afternoon although other shops on the precints close.

Thanks for the lovely feedback Scoopdol, glad you enjoyed your visit :)

The cafe isn't open all afternoon on a saturday but is open until 2pm - so you can go for all day breakfast or for lunch.

They do sell sandwiches, ploughmans as well as breakfast and main meals :)

Scoopdol is the cafe yours as you have said they have an adults and kids menu on every post, and put up the website for the cafe too? Either that or you have been in and tried everything on the menu in just under a week as you are raving about 7 different meal's you have had there.

I run the cafe/gift shop opposite CafeDotNet and yes sometimes we do have very little trade, however I think we are getting to be known in the area because as well as great coffee we offer something different for customers with our large selection of gifts and jigsaws.

I think our target markets are probably different but that can't take away from the fact that any customers that are in the area are now going to be divided between the two establishments and as an earlier post said Riverside already offers similar things to the new place.

I have seen the jigsaws and they are most attractive.I hope you are a success but neither party seems to have conducted any market research into their respective projects.At least you dont microwave the smoked salmon-a bit of a faux pas and unlikely to win A Dunlop star,let alone Michelin.You need to get the three empty shops in Dixon Road tenanted.It looks like a set from "Life on Mars".

Scoopdol is the cafe yours as you have said they have an adults and kids menu on every post, and put up the website for the cafe too? Either that or you have been in and tried everything on the menu in just under a week as you are raving about 7 different meal's you have had there.

No it isnt. I work in the area and chose to try out the new cafe for lunches. I liked it and thought I'd share my experience. O.K.

No it isnt. I work in the area and chose to try out the new cafe for lunches. I liked it and thought I'd share my experience. O.K.

You seem to be a very transparent mystery shopper,and seem to have posted exclusively about this cafe in an excessively flattering manner which may raise suspicion.

Archived