Homeless people grooming in Library toilets

Ever been in the west end of London, Picadilly and Leicester Square? The Underground WCs are full of homeless washing and grooming themsleves. The attendants seem to keep the places pretty decent overall even if the smell of disinfectant is overpowering

Corrected for you.

Lots of people on the streets have been people who have given a gret deal to this country. Many ex servicemen find life outside the army extremely difficult and are unable to cope with civillian life.

Similarly there a people who have worked for many years but who have had breakdowns and ended up in psychiatric institutions, upon release many find coping with living in flats or homes difficult.

Having a little humanity might help you understand the world a bit better.

Indirect tax is VAT, tobacco and alcohol duty etc, which I'm sure some homeless people do pay.

That got me thinking. Its often mentioned the money the undeserving unemployed get. Its never taken into consideration the money they give the country back in indirect tax...

So in effect all the governments figures in relation to the welfare state are wrong. The cost to the country isn't as great as claimed..because unemployed people pay indirect tax like anyone else on fuel etc....

I'm no accountant, but I'm sure one will pop up to tell us how much of our income we give back to the country in indirect tax. Say if its 10% that's a massive cut never mentioned in the figures for the cost of welfare benefits...

Indirect tax? What are you on about?

Are you seriously suggesting that beggars take their hat full of copper coins every day to the inland revenue and declare their earnings? :loopy:

Indirect tax is paid when you buy goods with some duty added such as VAT.You are rather ignorant if you do not know the difference between direct tax(eg income tax) and indirect.It is explained annually at the Budget in April/March.You have now switched from tramps to beggars-do I need to explain that difference to you.I would take a break from posting and learn a few facts.

Indirect tax is paid when you buy goods with some duty added such as VAT.You are rather ignorant if you do not know the difference between direct tax(eg income tax) and indirect.It is explained annually at the Budget in April/March.You have now switched from tramps to beggars-do I need to explain that difference to you.I would take a break from posting and learn a few facts.

Great post :thumbsup:

Rickiethetroll hasn't been back I see.

Great post :thumbsup:

Rickiethetroll hasn't been back I see.

Hey, guess what, some of us have lives away from this forum and don't spend every minute of their free time desperately trying to score points.

Two points you miss;

Tramps don't pay indirect tax, because any money they use to buy booze and drugs comes from other people giving them money. So it's the people giving them money who pay the indirect tax, not the tramps.

Anyway, public services such as libraries and toilets are funded by the councol through council tax, not through indirect taxes on booze. Tramps don't pay council tax therefore they have no right to use these services.

Hey, guess what, some of us have lives away from this forum and don't spend every minute of their free time desperately trying to score points.

Two points you miss;

Tramps don't pay indirect tax, because any money they use to buy booze and drugs comes from other people giving them money. So it's the people giving them money who pay the indirect tax, not the tramps.

Anyway, public services such as libraries and toilets are funded by the councol through council tax, not through indirect taxes on booze. Tramps don't pay council tax therefore they have no right to use these services.

Another topic you have no grasp of. You really are an ill-informed little thing aren't you.

Following is from Wikipedia, but is also, I would have thought common knowledge:

Local councils are funded by a combination of central government grants, Council Tax (a locally set tax based on house value), Business Rates, and fees and charges from certain services including decriminalised parking enforcement. The proportion of revenue that comes from Council Tax is low,

Two points you miss;

What makes you think that a homeless person spends all their money on booze and drugs?

Archived