Homeless people grooming in Library toilets

What makes you think that a homeless person spends all their money on booze and drugs?

Years ago I saw a homeless fella putting loads of money into a collection box for the RNIB on Chapel Walk, in fact it looked like everything he had.

Quote: I went in to the toilets in Rotherham central library today, and there was a space on the wall where I recall there was once a mirror. All that was left were the four screw holes. On reflection, the mirror was conspicuous by it`s absence.

Has anyone else spotted this?

Hey, guess what, some of us have lives away from this forum and don't spend every minute of their free time desperately trying to score points.

Two points you miss;

Tramps don't pay indirect tax, because any money they use to buy booze and drugs comes from other people giving them money. So it's the people giving them money who pay the indirect tax, not the tramps.

Anyway, public services such as libraries and toilets are funded by the councol through council tax, not through indirect taxes on booze. Tramps don't pay council tax therefore they have no right to use these services.

Even if they don't pay for the services, they are still entitled to use them.

Tramps are often people who have lost everything and have nowhere to turn but the street. Calling them parasites is a bit pathetic isn't it?!

It is Bonzo. I don't think rickiethecat can help himself - he lives in an empathy vacuum. Some would say he's not fully human.

Hey, guess what, some of us have lives away from this forum and don't spend every minute of their free time desperately trying to score points.

Two points you miss;

Tramps don't pay indirect tax, because any money they use to buy booze and drugs comes from other people giving them money. So it's the people giving them money who pay the indirect tax, not the tramps.

Anyway, public services such as libraries and toilets are funded by the councol through council tax, not through indirect taxes on booze. Tramps don't pay council tax therefore they have no right to use these services.

More hate filled bile from the empathy vacuum that is rickiethecat.

Has it occurred to you ricky, that the homeless weren't always that way.

They've worked and paid tax and are, after all's said and done, human beings - someone's son, brother, father.

I can only hope that one day, you'll dredge up some piece of humanity from your damaged and withered soul and realise that such people are worthy of our care, respect and kindness.

More hate filled bile from the empathy vacuum that is rickiethecat.

Has it occurred to you ricky, that the homeless weren't always that way.

They've worked and paid tax and are, after all's said and done, human beings - someone's son, brother, father.

I can only hope that one day, you'll dredge up some piece of humanity from your damaged and withered soul and realise that such people are worthy of our care, respect and kindness.

Halibut, you've been on this fourm long enough to know that personal attacks on other posters are against forum rules and if you persist in slagging me off I'll be reporting you to the moderators.

Back on topic, I have every sympathy for people who fall on hard times through no fault of their own, but none whatsoever on people who bring it on themselves. If people can't be bothered to pay their mortgage or rent and would rather blow the lot on booze or drugs so they subsequently become homeless, whose fault is that?

So no, these lowlifes should not be allowed anywhere near public toilets. I'm sure you'd feel differently if your son or daughter was innocently using library toilets and was attacked by a drug-crazed tramp!

Archived