Homeless people grooming in Library toilets

Back on topic, I have every sympathy for people who fall on hard times through no fault of their own, but none whatsoever on people who bring it on themselves. If people can't be bothered to pay their mortgage or rent and would rather blow the lot on booze or drugs so they subsequently become homeless, whose fault is that?

So no, these lowlifes should not be allowed anywhere near public toilets. I'm sure you'd feel differently if your son or daughter was innocently using library toilets and was attacked by a drug-crazed tramp!

But you call them 'parasites'. Not very convincing Ricky.

Can I suggest that you do some reading about the nature of addiction?

Halibut, you've been on this fourm long enough to know that personal attacks on other posters are against forum rules and if you persist in slagging me off I'll be reporting you to the moderators.

Back on topic, I have every sympathy for people who fall on hard times through no fault of their own, but none whatsoever on people who bring it on themselves. If people can't be bothered to pay their mortgage or rent and would rather blow the lot on booze or drugs so they subsequently become homeless, whose fault is that?

So no, these lowlifes should not be allowed anywhere near public toilets. I'm sure you'd feel differently if your son or daughter was innocently using library toilets and was attacked by a drug-crazed tramp!

I am sure youd feel differently if your son/daughter were drug-crazed tramps-if they are I apologise!

But you call them 'parasites'. Not very convincing Ricky.

No, I didn't call "people who fall on hard times through no fault of their own" parasites, I called tramps parasites. Please quote the whole phrase rather than just one bit next time!

Can I suggest that you do some reading about the nature of addiction?

If drugs and alcohol were addictive, then no human being would ever have been able to stop drinking or taking drugs. The thousands of recovering alcoholics and drug users in society who've sorted their lives out proves that tramps who do continue to drink and take drugs do so through choice.

Halibut, you've been on this fourm long enough to know that personal attacks on other posters are against forum rules and if you persist in slagging me off I'll be reporting you to the moderators.

If you don't like personal attacks against yourself, why call other people parasites and lowlives?

Someone close to me has alcohol problems & it can be hurtful reading how jusgemental other people can be towards those with such problems.

No, I didn't call "people who fall on hard times through no fault of their own" parasites, I called tramps parasites. Please quote the whole phrase rather than just one bit next time!

If drugs and alcohol were addictive, then no human being would ever have been able to stop drinking or taking drugs. The thousands of recovering alcoholics and drug users in society who've sorted their lives out proves that tramps who do continue to drink and take drugs do so through choice.

You are much smarter than the caricature you portray-I too remember the Dandy.You are right to refute the addictive qualities of drugs;I presume you are a GP or similar.

No, I didn't call "people who fall on hard times through no fault of their own" parasites, I called tramps parasites. Please quote the whole phrase rather than just one bit next time

Tramps are people who have fallen on hard times. QED.

You really, really do need to educate yourself.

Alcohol, nicotine, crack, smack - are indeed addictive substances - as agreed by everyone in the world, bar you.

Archived