Age Gap Relationships

Well have you had one? Do they last? Is it different for men than women?

If I'm honest I don't think they do in the long term..If the girls 21 and you're 51 as in the link, it's not going to be much fun for her in 10 years time, dragging an old dodderer around.

I've had several over the last few years. My current girlfriend is 34 (I'm 53) she's Somalian so this doesn't seem to be frowned on as much from her side. Prior to that I had a girlfriend who was 29. Before that I lived with someone for a few years who was 26 when we first got together.

It can be quite flattering but its always there in the back of my mind, thinking this won't last. The good thing is that I can accept that...To be honest I'd sooner have someone more my age but its difficult to find someone suitable who's not got the baggage or other accessories...

Before anyone claims I'm a dirty old man who needs to grow up I'll say the reason I seem to have had younger girlfriends is because of their outlook, their energy and their fun attitude.

So is Hugh Grant a lucky old rascal, or a dirty old man?...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2056912/Hugh-Grant-spotted-Elisa-Schmidt-21-days-visiting-baby-daughter.html

OOh Frank you naughty boy!

I think there is nothing wrong with dating somebody younger or older by around 10/15 years. My oh Is nearly 8 years older than I which works well for us, as he's a lot more mature than guys my age and we have a good relationship.

However one thing I have noticed is that is if the woman is older than the guy she gets load of flack from society where as men do not.

society always gives women a harder time then men in most aspects.

I think there is nothing wrong with dating somebody younger or older by around 10/15 years. My oh Is nearly 8 years older than I which works well for us, as he's a lot more mature than guys my age and we have a good relationship.

However one thing I have noticed is that is if the woman is older than the guy she gets load of flack from society where as men do not.

Yes, I can agree with that. I once went out with someone 15 years my senior and the amount of snidey comments passed on were unbelievable.

Yes it is worse for women. But dare I say it....oh dear...men tend to wear better. :o I suppose age doesn't matter and your age difference is not at all extreme. But when its larger they seldom last...Its difficult for a woman or man in their prime to be attached to a much older person. They have little in common. The ski-ing holdays and rampant sex soon dry up, oops pardon the pun...:hihi:

Relationships with a big age gap carry the risk of a power imbalance. It's more of a worry when you're dealing with one partner in their teens though. Most adults in their mid to late twenties know what they're getting themselves into, even if it looks a wee bit inexplicable to the rest of us.

Archived