Ageing musicians and their need to wear hats at all times!!

Having watched Elvis Costello's hairline wander further and further back over his skull since the mid 70s, I'm rather disappointed at having been deprived this decade's instalment. Still, he has a rather nice collection of hats, some pretty dapper suits and, since he's lost the post-divorce chunk, he's not looking bad at all for an old bloke.

It would be nice if he could find his inner Jason Statham and embrace the male-pattern baldness from time to time; his head must get pretty hot under those stage lights.

Really?

most of the aged musicians i know are just happy to play. they love the music for the music.

its the younger ones who want to be pop stars

In which case it is very odd that they make such a big deal about "the new CD launch" and "Please buy copies of our back catagloue CDs which will all be available after the show".

I always boycott artists that wear hats so its NO to Captain Beefheart,REM,Madness,Lord Sutch,and Bob Dylan and YES to The Space Girtls and Twirls Allowed-they do not wear hats and so far are not bald.

No, but they're rubbish. REM have split, Sutch is dead and Beefheart retired 30 years ago and is dead anyway so you can't boycott them. I saw Bill Nelson at the Showroom in May and he wore a flat cap. It seemed a bit too normal for stagewear.

That's odd I'd always thought that they wanted me to buy their music.

Of course they do but that doesn't mean you can tell them how to dress, surely if the music is good it doesn't matter what they wear. Wayne Fontana wears a hat all the time and he is one of the best singers I have seen and I've seen quite a lot over the years:D:love:

Having watched Elvis Costello's hairline wander further and further back over his skull since the mid 70s, I'm rather disappointed at having been deprived this decade's instalment. Still, he has a rather nice collection of hats, some pretty dapper suits and, since he's lost the post-divorce chunk, he's not looking bad at all for an old bloke.

It would be nice if he could find his inner Jason Statham and embrace the male-pattern baldness from time to time; his head must get pretty hot under those stage lights.

You got me all excited there at the thought that Diana Krall might be single again, but sadly it appears he's still married to her.

I nipped into Delaney's last night and watched several aging musicians wearing ridiculous flat caps. It seems to becoming a trend.

Worse still are the ones who submit themselves for "celebrity interview" and sit there wearing some daft hat whilst sitting in a studio at 25C.

Don't these guys realise that they just look like someone trying to cover up the fact that they are bald? They ain't fooling anyone. They don't make the over 50s look like under 30s, and neither does wearing sunglasses indoors make them look cool.

What do you think?

And this os coming from someone called Uptowngirl with a picture of a red high heel shoe for their avatar!! Ha Ha!!

And this os coming from someone called Uptowngirl with a picture of a red high heel shoe for their avatar!! Ha Ha!!

And this is coming from someone called Bonzo with a picture of a cow pat with a stick stuck in it for their avatar!! Ha Ha!!

Archived