Ageing musicians and their need to wear hats at all times!!

No, but they're rubbish. REM have split, Sutch is dead and Beefheart retired 30 years ago and is dead anyway so you can't boycott them. I saw Bill Nelson at the Showroom in May and he wore a flat cap. It seemed a bit too normal for stagewear.

Is that BN from Be Bop le Dux.You can boycott dead and extinct groups by ignoring their music.I hope Bill Nelson is abit better than in the 80s-the BBD were Andy Capp

Its a bit sad that you dont recognise Bill Hicks.He would cut you ribbons with his wit and his treatise on pop music.

It's also a bit sad to be preoccupied with what people choose to wear. One has to wonder if the op has a superiority complex, or is a little shallow. :D

I nipped into Delaney's last night and watched several aging musicians wearing ridiculous flat caps. It seems to becoming a trend.

Worse still are the ones who submit themselves for "celebrity interview" and sit there wearing some daft hat whilst sitting in a studio at 25C.

Don't these guys realise that they just look like someone trying to cover up the fact that they are bald? They ain't fooling anyone. They don't make the over 50s look like under 30s, and neither does wearing sunglasses indoors make them look cool.

What do you think?

Rather than comment on your post, I'd be more interested to see if you have any thoughts on how you might address the 'ageing process' personally as you get older - how might you cover up the prospective flab, bagginess, droopiness of your parts (and shock horror - even women's hair thins....)

How might you still look good without looking like a joke to younger people?

Archived