Government move the goal posts!!

a pay freeze is a pay drop, so are they going to drop the 5p increase in fuel duty on 1st Jan next year then?

Well we can hope but they won't even make time for the discussion promised after 100,000 signatures on a petition on the Govt website.

I can see their point; a 5.2% rise in benefits seems a little unfair when most workers are getting a pay freeze or a drop in pay. It’s time to get inflation under control by increasing interest rates.

Although of course this is what the ConDems would love to do to reward their banking paymasters (remember interest rates in the eighties) not even these muppets would contemplate that, it would make the '80s repossessions seem like an estate agents utopia.

Although of course this is what the ConDems would love to do to reward their banking paymasters (remember interest rates in the eighties) not even these muppets would contemplate that, it would make the '80s repossessions seem like an estate agents utopia.

I remember them well and the affect they had on deflating a housing bubble, keeping prices within reach for everyone.

I remember them well and the affect they had on deflating a housing bubble, keeping prices within reach for everyone.

And left thousands in debt after they couldn't afford to pay their mortgages

and had to sell their houses at a huge discount to the price they had paid for them!

And left thousands in debt after they couldn't afford to pay their mortgages

and had to sell their houses at a huge discount to the price they had paid for them!

It kept house prices affordable for all, no one that borrowed responsibly would have lost out.

Archived