Christmas Soundtrack - What is your ultimate list of songs for Christmas?

Greg Lake does it for me too, but I play all sorts of different Christmas music - it depends on what mood I am in. It might be Christmas Carols - and sometimes - if no-one else is listening, I get out the one the kids had when they were young....not sure if I should admit to this...."Smurfs Christmas Album"....hangs head in shame!

Sky Music Channel 480 (I think) is their radio station channel and you can choose from a variety of different music. Every Christmas one choice is the Christmas music channel which is wonderful as it plays the all-too-familiar and the oldies some of us have never heard before like Ella Fitzgerald, Doris Day and so on. It's already on-air so go give it a listen.

Some other Christmas tunes are:-

Hey Mr Christmas by Showaddywaddy (serious);

A Wombling Merry Christmas by Mike Batt aka The Wombles; and ofcause The Goodies with Father Christmas Do Not Touch Me.

Finally, Gilbert O'Sullivan's Christmas Song: 'I'm not dreaming of a white Christmas'.

Oooh, where's me slippers and Tank Top?

Originally posted by sultana

if no-one else is listening, I get out the one the kids had when they were young....not sure if I should admit to this...."Smurfs Christmas Album"....hangs head in shame!

"Christmas, Christmas, in smurfing land,

Christmas, Christmas, lets walk hand in hand,

Christmas, Christmas hear the bells chime,

the world's full of magic, for it's Christmas time!!"

we had that album too :hihi:

:clap: :clap:

Thanks for that Sharpsinger, I feel a bit better now! We are putting the decorations up this weekend (early I know, but son has booked 3 days off to do it!). I feel a playing of the Smurfs might come in somewhere! Until someone else compalins & takes it off of course. lol.

"All I want for Christmas is a Smurf Hat"

Archived