Is my international delivery lost?

Hello all,

I placed an order on a trusted USA website at the start of October. My order was dispatched on the 10th of October. I was given a code in the format LJxxxxxxxxxUS.

The delivery still hasn't arrived. If I put the tracking code into the USPS page it shows that the item got to a New York airport and then shows no updates after that. It shows up as "First Class International ®".

Is it likely that it has been lost? Would the local sorting office be able to trace it? Can anyone offer any advice on finding out where it has gone or how to proceed?

Many thanks :)

chazco

I think you'll have difficulty tracking it. The US post tracking service will have records as far as the port of departure, but after that it's unlikely to be tracked by Royal Mail.

If something comes by international courier, it's tracked to your door, but if it's by a national postal service their system can count it as delivered once it's passed over to the recipient nation's post system.

And, sadly, the local sorting office won't have a clue what to do about it (I've had exactly the same situation).

Thanks for all the replies :)

I tried putting the tracking number into various UK websites but none of them recognise it. I'll go to the sorting office tomorrow, just in case, but I doubt they can help by the sound of it.

I have contacted the sender who says if it hasn't arrived by the 9th to let him know and they'll send a replacement and report it as lost.

I went to the sorting office - my parcel was there. They supposedly tried to deliver it on the 18th of October. I've not had a card and they presumably haven't tried again. Not exceptionally impressed :(

Ah well, thanks for the responses anyway :)

Archived