11 mins after the Remembrance Day Silence is another moment

Last year's Oct 10 we had 10:10:10 10/10/10

This year's Nov 11 we'll have 11:11:11 11/11/11

and Next year we'll the one for 12 but we won't have one for 13 in 2013.

Last year I saw some friends taking pictures with the clock at the 101010 moment. This year in the news of my home country, loads of engaged couples have booked for wedding at the 111111 time next week, as many Hong Kong Chinese think that number 1 symbolise "Once only" and Once is a nice word for newly-weds as "You don't want a second marriage/split up". That's why they think 1 looks like sending good wishes to the marriage couples.

So what would you do? would you take a picture at the clock?

Or, you think it's inappropriate to do anything as this year's is too close to the Remembrance Silence moment?

Or, you don't find it's interesting, even for the 121212 next year?

So what would you do?

Nothing.

would you take a picture at the clock?

Why would I take a picture of a clock? Won't it still be there the day after?

Or, you think it's inappropriate to do anything as this year's is too close to the Remembrance Silence moment?

I just think it's a bit of a weird thing to do in the first place, not to mention during a silence to remember the dead from all the wars.

Or, you don't find it's interesting, even for the 121212 next year?

Nope.

No interest in it at all.

You could always take the battery out of the clock (or if you've got one which doesn't use batteries, you could let it run down.

Then you could set the hands to 11:11 (and 11 seconds, if you like) and take the photograph at your leisure.

You could also save yourself a problem for next year by advancing the clock to 12:12 (and 12 seconds) and take next year's photo while you're doing this year's.

Archived