M5 crash: several feared dead in 'worst ever' crash in Somerset

The firework suggestion was put out by the news media, probably from a police source. I don't see anything insensitive, unless they are specific about the gory details or names of victims.

The insensitive part is the call for prosecution, as I stated above, not the mention of fireworks.

So the possibility of being distracted by a bonfire and fireworks does not come into it then.

Unless your an idiot,why would a firework make any difference to your driving?

Its time We had drivers who can manage to drive in a straight line in this country not pampered idiots we seem to be breeding!

How some of them tie their own shoe laces is beyond me!

Its time We had drivers who can manage to drive in a straight line in this country not pampered idiots we seem to be breeding!

Yeah we should be breeding drivers who can see through thick smoke at night.

I don't think it was the pretty colours, more potentially the smoke if that turns out to be a factor at all, which I hope to god it isnt. Truth is you and I don't know.

But well done for the most insensitive post of the thread.

worth remembering that the road traffic death rate in the UK is the lowest of any proper nation state (i.e not a city state like Singapore, Vatican, Macao, etc where hardly anybody drives motor vehicles) apart from Sweden. It's lower than Germany, Norway, Japan and a lot of other places where you might think it would be lower than UK.

That is truly shocking. Driving rain and thick fog, and STILL people weren't slowing down?

It's an incredibly bad piece of journalism though. It ISN'T the worst motorway pile up ever in the UK though, it's the worst in Somerset, and 'crashes' has an 'E' in it

You are just so fantastic Strix :roll:

So xt500 I suppose you have never been distracted being a superb driver/rider,lets have the credentials for your alleged superior skills.

Too many people are easily distracted though. There was a low loader on the M56 a few months ago which had broken down and was on the hard shoulder. It was carrying a black steam loco.

On the other side of the motorway hard shoulder were ten cars with front and rear end shunt damage, because they were looking at the train.

Archived