How am I supposed to buy food & heating tokens with only £14.25 a week?

if you have been with sky for 12/18 months, not sure which now, you can get away with down grading to just freeview with them, and dont get charged.

with just doing that and no lottery tickets should give you enough to live on, its hard but can be done, (i did it) good luck

I do think that if a bank lends money and it later becomes clear that there was never any chance of that person being able to pay it back, the bank should take at least some of the hit, as they were the ones willing to take the risk.

I agree but no bank has forced a customer to sign for a loan. The person taking out the loan is equally responsible.

Ricgem just thinks we should blame nothing but the banks when it comes to credit.

I agree that we are in this mess due in part to bankers overlending to poor risk people. However, I have never overstretched myself and probably have a AAA credit rating. But this recession has hit me in a big way in that I lost my job some time ago and I'm struggling to get another one.

Work anywhere? Wish I could. Too up me backside for minimum wage? I wish. My level is management, I can't get an officer's job (over qualified, never get shortlisted), tried retail (no experience, never get shortlisted), tried cafes and bars (no experience, never get shortlisted), tried B and Q (no experience, never get shortlisted), tried Tesco (no experience, never get shortlisted)....

Finally got my JSA & Housing / Council benefit claim sorted, done a spreadsheet of the bare minimum I must pay out every week and only have £14.25 each week for Food, Heating Tokens & Petrol.

Until I get another job how do you other JSA claimants survive? Any tips or advice massively appreciated

Income Net Job Seekers Allowance..£67.50

Rent(Housing Benefit).............£56.38

Council Tax (Council Tax Benefit)....£18.92

Rent Contribution.........................£3.50

Council Tax Contribution................£2.00

Service Charge............................£4.00

Levy TARA..................................£0.20

Water Rates................................£7.80

Home Insurance...........................£2.00

Electricity...................................£7.00

Bank Overdraft (Average so far).....£6.78

Internet Broadband.......................£0.80

Telephone Line Rental....................£2.77

Talk Mobile..................................£1.85

TV License..................................£3.00

Sky Sports..................................£4.61

Parking Site.................................£2.00

Allotment....................................£0.94

Lottery.......................................£4.00

Car Debt

Car Insurance

Breakdown Cover

Road Tax

Petrol

Grand Total of.............................£47.75

From JSA....................................£67.50

Leaves.......................................£14.25...............For.......

Food &

Heating Tokens

Id take the car off the road (though if youre unemployed youre entitled to a pass for £15.75 that guarantees you travel throughout South Yorkshire, not just Sheffield) or sell it and pay off the loan balance, move to PAYG mobile and remove the sky sports (if you know where to look, you can watch your matches for free online)

most on beafit use the system

apply for a budgeting loan anything upto £1000 use this to pay for the car sky ect each year

have kids they bump up your income

if you have kids apply for home access free computer and 12 mth internet

if you get in real trouble got to dole office and ask for a crisis loan

also use your time on the dole to your advantage get free training in almost any field get free hgv /psv licence become a bus driver all paid for or a corgi registerd gas fitter

and thats only the start of milking the system

Have a kid, doubles your money per week

No it doesn't.

Fair point, I've got 2 jobs and sometimes work 90 hour weeks and I don't have £14.25 a week to live on and I don't have a car, sky sports or play the lottery so think your self lucky

You work 90 hours and still don't have £14 a week to live on? :suspect:

No it doesn't.

You work 90 hours and still don't have £14 a week to live on? :suspect:

around £540 a week

with the right debts or rent ect travel cost to and from work dinner each day drinks ect ect he could be right .

in some cases you can be better of not working and on the dole..

I love these kind of post,s where the brainwashed come out with I pay for you..?

but they never moan about how they pay a polatishion,s wages of around 60k a year and he can claim back all his outgoings -rent/transport/food/mortgage /holl,s bla bla bla

around £540 a week

with the right debts or rent ect travel cost to and from work dinner each day drinks ect ect he could be right .

in some cases you can be better of not working and on the dole..

I love these kind of post,s where the brainwashed come out with I pay for you..?

but they never moan about how they pay a polatishion,s wages of around 60k a year and he can claim back all his outgoings -rent/transport/food/mortgage /holl,s bla bla bla

So he could reduce all his debts down to £1 a month just like the OP.

Archived