Should the Greeks be removed from the EU?

Well give me one good reason why the EU should exist anyway!

The EU Single Market is a very good reason indeed why the EU should exist. Without it international trade would be much more difficult for all of us and we would all be poorer as a result.

Now on the other hand we have the Euro, and I for one think that we would be in a much better place if the EU had never dreamt that one up in the first place.

If we were to default on any loans (if we were in the EU), would the UK be thrown out of Europe?

If so, I think we should rack up as much debt as possible, and then be shown the door by Merkil and Sarcozy

No, rather than waiting to be pushed off the sinking vessel, let's jump.

If you're in the sea but tied to a lead weight, it's best to untie it and swim free.

[insert own metaphor here]

If we were to default on any loans (if we were in the EU), would the UK be thrown out of Europe?

If so, I think we should rack up as much debt as possible, and then be shown the door by Merkil and Sarcozy

Well we are in the European Union, but happily we are not in the Euro. Therefore were we to get into the same economic mess as Greece could let our own currency fall through the floor without taking everyone else down with us as we are not tied to the Eurozone by sharing a comon currency.

Well we are in the European Union, but happily we are not in the Euro. Therefore were we to get into the same economic mess as Greece could let our own currency fall through the floor without taking everyone else down with us as we are not tied to the Eurozone by sharing a comon currency.

Have you checked the exchange rate recently.

Considering the basket case state of the Euro, the pound hasn't made much progress. Roughly a 20% devaluation.

Have you checked the exchange rate recently.

Considering the basket case state of the Euro, the pound hasn't made much progress. Roughly a 20% devaluation.

I don't think the current valuation of the Euro looks quite right given the debts of some of the major states but hey what do I know?

I don't think the current valuation of the Euro looks quite right given the debts of some of the major states but hey what do I know?

I'm no expert either:D

If Greece/Italy/Spain had been able to let their currency behave like ours, we might all be in a little bit of a better place.

Greek Gov leaks money hand over fist and income tax has always been almost optional, the people don't like the new taxes and will prob vote no to the euro given the chance. apparantly Greece is now the most powerful country in the eurozone, if they say no to the new measures then thats it for the euro

Archived