Beighton Social Club Queens Road Beighton

Yellowrose

I live not far from this club, but have never been in. On Friday and Saturday nights we can hear the music from the club if we open our back door, and it sounds OK. I have never, ever been a club member, nor have I frequented one. But living so close, curiosity is getting the better of me.

Can anyone tell me what its like? It being a club I presume I cant just walk in, but I would hate to go to all the fuss of getting someone to sign me in to find it is an absolute dump.

in my experience of working in clubs they are usually very welcoming once you get over the initial hostility of being a newcomer.

only downside if you are a non smoker don't even entertain going in, you can smoke 20 bensons without lighting up on a Friday night.

if you dont mind though they can be a laugh, dont forget your bingo pens!!

Good point about the smoke. I dont, but can cope with it in a pub on a Saturday night so I would give it a go ...

So it sounds as if it wont be that much different to the wmc my grandma and grandad used to go in. I know they do bingo on Sunday lunch ...

BUT HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY BEEN IN THIS CLUB?

Originally posted by alysonpeach

Good point about the smoke. I dont, but can cope with it in a pub on a Saturday night so I would give it a go ...

So it sounds as if it wont be that much different to the wmc my grandma and grandad used to go in. I know they do bingo on Sunday lunch ...

BUT HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY BEEN IN THIS CLUB?

went in many moons ago, my auntie used to live in the terrace houses at the side of the queens rd entrance some 15 years ago.

all wmc are usually the same, you need to get

a)someone to sign u in

b) proposed to be a member

c) be accompanied by a male - although they aren't quite so bigotted these days.

beer & drinks are usually cheap - i went to Treeton Club the other week and double vodka was 70p.

and u can fall out & str8 into the chiipie out the back.

go on give it a go.

Archived