Lost my poppy, can I take another?

Why would you need another one, youve donated and that's all that matters. You've lost poppy, so what? Why would they give you a freebie because you're careless?

Because the cost of them is negligible. Presumably the point of the poppy itself is to demonstrate that you care about the cause, you're not purchasing one, you're wearing it to indicate that you've made a donation.

Because the cost of them is negligible. Presumably the point of the poppy itself is to demonstrate that you care about the cause, you're not purchasing one, you're wearing it to indicate that you've made a donation.

You are absolutely right and I, like you, wear a poppy to let others know that I have donated to charidee which makes us appear to be really good people. Doesn't it?

Why would you need another one, youve donated and that's all that matters. You've lost poppy, so what? Why would they give you a freebie because you're careless?

But how can the guy let everyone know that he has parted with a couple of coppers if he doesn't have the poppy to prove it?

Actually I've lost two.

First I through away the empty plastic bag after emptying the shopping but apparently left in the two poppies my other half had picked up.

Then I replaced it in the train station yesterday and lost it on the tram on the way home!

Can I just get another one without putting more money in the pot? What's the etiquette?

Hell, i did'nt think anyone could be that tight.

eh?

If the cost is negligible it's more reason to pay for your replacement, not less. A mark of respect for the cause and respect for the well-managed campaign. You can spare one pound, I'm sure.

Archived