Lost my poppy, can I take another?

Because if you genuinely believe in the cause you should be happy you will be making a very efficient donation.

Just get another poppy. It's only a quid. No need for drama.

If I'd wanted to donate more I would have done it in the first place and I'd still have no poppy. I don't think you've thought about this very clearly.

Perhaps some people are just vulgar like that, wearing a poppy to show they've given money. I wonder if they'd like a golden coloured one, only available if you donate £5 or more?

Maybe they just shouldn't exist at all, then I couldn't have lost it and I wouldn't want another one, I could still have donated but without feeling that I'm supposed to demonstrate it.

If I'd wanted to donate more I would have done it in the first place and I'd still have no poppy. I don't think you've thought about this very clearly.

Of course I've thought about. You've asked a specific question about what you should do in your current situation and I've offered advice.

If you decide that you support the cause enough to obtain a replacement poppy in the conventional way you can seek solace in the fact your second donation would be efficient, as efficient as the first. I know you will might miss that quid but it should help you recover from the trauma.

Maybe they just shouldn't exist at all, then I couldn't have lost it and I wouldn't want another one, I could still have donated but without feeling that I'm supposed to demonstrate it.

Do you feel the need to demonstrate that you've donated, just by wearing a poppy? Do you have a feeling of inferiority because you're not wearing one? If so you have issues that you need to deal with.

Archived