Lost my poppy, can I take another?

I keep losing my car. Can I just go back to the car deaership and pick up a new one?

LOL :hihi:

I could still have donated but without feeling that I'm supposed to demonstrate it.

But how would they have known that you have already donated?

You could just be someone trying it on, who doesn't want to donate, for all they know!!

LOL :hihi:

But how would they have known that you have already donated?

You could just be someone trying it on, who doesn't want to donate, for all they know!!

I think if I was a collector and somebody made this request I would be polite and supply a new poppy. But I would probably think something like what a tightwad he/she was.

Do you feel the need to demonstrate that you've donated, just by wearing a poppy? Do you have a feeling of inferiority because you're not wearing one? If so you have issues that you need to deal with.

That's why they exist isn't it? That's why people wear them.

Either that or it's to show support for the cause, and that's what I'd like to do.

I think if I was a collector and somebody made this request I would be polite and supply a new poppy. But I would probably think something like what a tightwad he/she was.

You'd think that someone who doesn't donate twice is tight... So you'd presumably think that about everyone who just donated once and didn't lose the poppy then?

Otherwise your thoughts would be, well, not very logical.

That's why they exist isn't it? That's why people wear them.

Not always. I put a quid in the box at work this year but re-used last year's poppy. It fell off sometime Saturday night, no big deal.

I won't replace it (I have a wristband this year anyway) and I won't be wondering if people are judging me, which is what it looks like in your case.

Archived