Lost my poppy, can I take another?

You'd think that someone who doesn't donate twice is tight... So you'd presumably think that about everyone who just donated once and didn't lose the poppy then?

Otherwise your thoughts would be, well, not very logical.

Not at all. If you want a poppy you make a donation. That is the accepted behaviour. If you want two poppies and you get them on two separate occasions you should expect to donate twice. If you would rather not make the second donation all you can do is ask, at the risk of making yourself look like a tightwad. Why don't you try it? After all we are not the people to ask - your RBL collector of choice is.

I guess you couldn't be bothered to read the OP. I already donated twice since I accidentally threw the first poppy out in the 'empty' shopping bag, the 2nd I lost on the tram when it came out of my button hole.

How many times should I donate? Maybe I should just drop a few coppers in, that would cover the cost of the poppy.

I guess you couldn't be bothered to read the OP. I already donated twice since I accidentally threw the first poppy out in the 'empty' shopping bag, the 2nd I lost on the tram when it came out of my button hole.

How many times should I donate? Maybe I should just drop a few coppers in, that would cover the cost of the poppy.

It's quite simple:

1. If you feel you have already donated enough. Don't donate again. You lost the poppies. Your mistakes. Your problem.

2. If you want another poppy then donate. Put whatever you want in, even if it is a few pence or whatever you think the value of the poppy is. Personally I'd put a quid in.

Maybe I don't... Maybe I want to show my support for the cause.

Why do you think the poppy exists at all?

Well, I know why it exists - but I don't feel the need to display one.

I'll happily contribute to the cause - but I see the actual poppy as another unessecerry waste of resources.

Perhaps some people are just vulgar like that, wearing a poppy to show they've given money. I wonder if they'd like a golden coloured one, only available if you donate £5 or more?

That blows my idea of a poppy with flashing red LED's on it out of the window.

Actually I've lost two.

First I through away the empty plastic bag after emptying the shopping but apparently left in the two poppies my other half had picked up.

Then I replaced it in the train station yesterday and lost it on the tram on the way home!

Can I just get another one without putting more money in the pot? What's the etiquette?

buy a stick on version

Archived