Paraplegic Walk Again Ekso robot suit wow

When you walk you are just sending electrical impulses to biomechanical joints and muscles. It would be the same principle if I can send the same electrical impulses to an exoskeleton.

They're not doing that though. The suit is just operating a simple rhythmic pattern whilst the user holds themselves up with their arms. If the user was sending impulses their would likely be no need for the suit.

What would be impressive and I imagine one day possible would be if the suit completely balanced the user and based movement on brain function. The most these suits appear to sense is if the user is leaning forward it will try and move a leg forward as a counter balance.

Still, not walking, just being held up.

Again, she's being carried. It's like saying Stephen Hawking can talk.

so narrow minded . I for one can imagine the feeling this would give to some one whe is stuck in a wheel chair . being able to stand tall and speak to others face to face not having to look up . th e new lease on life it would give .

so narrow minded . I for one can imagine the feeling this would give to some one whe is stuck in a wheel chair . being able to stand tall and speak to others face to face not having to look up . th e new lease on life it would give .

Narrow minded has nothing to do with it.

Answer me this, can Stephen Hawkings talk or can he communicate?

Narrow minded has nothing to do with it.

Answer me this, can Stephen Hawkings talk or can he communicate?

he can communicate /talk with the aid of a computer but with out it he can do nothing but blink yes or no ?

and with the aid of that computer device he is a brilliant person with out it he is ?

so your point is if she can not walk by her self with out the device then there is no point at all .

also can man fly or are we being carried can man get to work 50 miles away in 50 mins with out a car no even us able body ppl need a device to help us do every day things .

can I ask you do you think this device will change her life for the better ?

he can communicate /talk with the aid of a computer but with out it he can do nothing but blink yes or no ?

But can he speak? (Thanks RABBIDOG) No he can't blink by the way. He controls it with his twitchy cheek. Eventually he won't be able to control it with that and will become technically silent.

and with the aid of that computer device he is a brilliant person with out it he is ?

He would still be the brilliant person he is. We just wouldn't know about it without his synthesizer.

so your point is if she can not walk by her self with out the device then there is no point at all .

No, I'm saying she isn't walking, she's being held up.

can I ask you do you think this device will change her life for the better ?

I can't answer that really but in the spirit of the thread likely not as it's early days yet. The device could keep moving her forward straight into the path of an oncoming bus so it may not change her life for the better.

I watched a program the other day a war vet now in a wheel chair? he was given a chair that he could stand upright in . he gave his wife a kiss and a hug standing up for the first time in years .[ I have never seen a grown man cry so much in joy of such a small thing we all take for granted }

can only imagine haveing to reach up and not look over a counter in a shop to pay for items not to mention looking in a store window and knowing you can not get inside with out help ..

these robotic legs if used in the home only for task,s such as getting the tea bags from the cubard ect would be life changeing alone ...

Archived