Blue Badge price is to increase to £10

Is this a one-off payment or an annual fee?

Just save £1 a month fgs and stop moaning.

It is payable every three years when you need to replace the badge.

£10 spread over three years is, as pointed out, a matter of pennies a week. It just looks bad if something that was only £2 suddenly has a four hundred percent price rise...

I guess they need to raise funds to catch the ever increasing number of people who abuse the scheme.

The able bodied people who park in disabled car parking spaces, or able bodied people who borrow a badge to park where they like

That argument holds no water when you consider that Derbyshire Council don't charge resident disabled applicants anything for a blue badge, and still manage to deal with rogue parking.

I wonder if Sheffield Council will raise theirs to the maximum - or indeed, at all?

O Hope to goodness not!

It is payable every three years when you need to replace the badge.

£10 spread over three years is, as pointed out, a matter of pennies a week. It just looks bad if something that was only £2 suddenly has a four hundred percent price rise...

It would be better to plan for a gradual rise in the charges, rather than a four-hundred percent leap.

That argument holds no water when you consider that Derbyshire Council don't charge resident disabled applicants anything for a blue badge, and still manage to deal with rogue parking.

O Hope to goodness not!

It would be better to plan for a gradual rise in the charges, rather than a four-hundred percent leap.

At last someone with sense.

I hope they will use the extra cash to train the parking attendants, my wife works with deaf and blind people and parked her car appropriately only to find a ticket on it …. She is in the process of appealing it because someone doesn’t know that a blue badge means you don’t need to display a ticket.

I hope they will use the extra cash to train the parking attendants, my wife works with deaf and blind people and parked her car appropriately only to find a ticket on it …. She is in the process of appealing it because someone doesn’t know that a blue badge means you don’t need to display a ticket.

In some places you do have to display a ticket even if you have a blue badge, in some places having a blue badge does not exempt you from parking charges and in some places it is not legal to park (either at all or at certain times of day) even with a blue badge.

None of these circumstances mean that the parking attendant is incorrect in their ticket issuing.

Archived