Best hills in Sheffield for cycling? (road bikes)

Mouseman

I'm with 0742Sheff, get out into the peak district. Plenty of tough climbs out there, try Scotchmans Pack, Winnats Pass, Mam Nick, Sir William Wallace, or pretty much anywhere in the Strines.

As a lover of killer hills would nominate Winnats as the second hardest climb I have ever done,the hardest was Wrynrose pass in the lakes.

If I am not feeling as strong I go up Man Nic rather than winnats its longer but not as servere as Winnats where the killer part just goes on and on.

Within Sheffield Lodge lane is the toughest I have been up.

As a lover of killer hills would nominate Winnats as the second hardest climb I have ever done,the hardest was Wrynrose pass in the lakes.

If I am not feeling as strong I go up Man Nic rather than winnats its longer but not as servere as Winnats where the killer part just goes on and on.

Within Sheffield Lodge lane is the toughest I have been up.

The last time i went up Winnats i had drivers beeping at me and clapping when i reached the top. Made my day back then.

I wouldn't make it up a gentle slope these days :hihi:

The Dale out of Hathersage towards Ringinglow Road used to clear any cobwebs.

In town you can do City Road, Prince of Wales Road and Jenkin Road near Meadwohall.

I will give a medal to anyone who can achieve an average of 10 miles per hour over all four hills.

I think Sheffield is supposed to be built on 7 hills like Rome

• 2 weeks later...

If you venture out of the city onto the peaks,there are loads of good hills,Winnats Pass (through Castleton) takes some beating,Mam Nic (through edale),Curbar gap,Monsal,Monsal-Creswell,Beeley,Rowsley Bar,New Rd from ladybower to Stanage....Sir William hill,Abney....the list is endless.

Archived