Keep getting a free magazine left hanging half out our letter box.

I`m getting really peed off with a certain free glossy magazine with a postcode related name.....

Why is it that bad ?

Well no actually, it`s sometimes quite interesting reading it, particularly as it`s so local.

So why the upset ?

Well it nearly always gets left hanging half way out of our letterbox.

Why`s that a problem ?

Well partly because in the winter it make the house colder when a draught blows right through the hallway, but, more significantly, it`s a security risk.

Why ?

Well our front door is plainly visible from the street and if anything is half pushed through the letterbox it`s obvious nobody is in. If we happen to be away it could conceivably be on show for days.

Have you tried phoning the magazines publisher ?

Have I ! I`m almost on first name terms with the distribution manager. He`s always concerned to hear what I have to say and promises to sort it out, but the next month it`s still half way out of the letterbox, again. I`ve even tried asking to be removed from their delivery list, but still it`s delivered, you`ve guessed it, half way out of the letterbox.......

So the question is, what can I do about it ? ! ?

I`m getting really peed off with a certain free glossy magazine with a postcode related name.....

Why is it that bad ?

Well no actually, it`s sometimes quite interesting reading it, particularly as it`s so local.

So why the upset ?

Well it nearly always gets left hanging half way out of our letterbox.

Why`s that a problem ?

Well partly because in the winter it make the house colder when a draught blows right through the hallway, but, more significantly, it`s a security risk.

Why ?

Well our front door is plainly visible from the street and if anything is half pushed through the letterbox it`s obvious nobody is in. If we happen to be away it could conceivably be on show for days.

Have you tried phoning the magazines publisher ?

Have I ! I`m almost on first name terms with the distribution manager. He`s always concerned to hear what I have to say and promises to sort it out, but the next month it`s still half way out of the letterbox, again. I`ve even tried asking to be removed from their delivery list, but still it`s delivered, you`ve guessed it, half way out of the letterbox.......

So the question is, what can I do about it ? ! ?

Stay in until you catch whoever is doing it and then batter them over the head with the magazine until they promise to deliver it properly :hihi: I know it is annoying we keep getting junk mail delivered like that and it ****** me off !

Justin. Do you have a particularly springy or stiff letter box? As a leaflet deliverer of many years standing, I know what it is to struggle to get something through a letter box that fights back. If this issue is going to continue & other magazines join the fight, you might consider having a wall-mounted newspaper box on your house wall or gate post.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

I've just had a great idea, a brush letterbox cover! when a magazine is pushed though, the bristles either side of the magazine will stay down, keeping the draft out. I'll go on Dragons den with it and see what they think.

Good idea, but for the fact it`d make it even harder to push the magazine all the way through, not that they actually do that very often anyway......

The thing is that it`s the security aspect we`re more bothered about. We really don`t want them to deliver to us if they`re going to leave it half way out of the letter box.

I thought an Englishman`s home was his castle ? How come these people can come onto your property and do something you`ve specifically told them you don`t want them to do ! That just doesn`t seem right to me at all.

Maybe we should get a moat and drawbridge.

Justin. Do you have a particularly springy or stiff letter box? As a leaflet deliverer of many years standing, I know what it is to struggle to get something through a letter box that fights back. If this issue is going to continue & other magazines join the fight, you might consider having a wall-mounted newspaper box on your house wall or gate post.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

I also have delivered thousands of leaflets in my time.

Apart from developing a dislike of plastic doors it also taught me to have a decent size letter box with out an excessively strongly sprung flap, which we do in fact have !

You always seem to get upset over trivial issues,yet some people are kind enough to offer sympathy.have you ever auditioned for a role in Just William,or Lord Snooty and his pals.I appear in both and there's room for characters like you.

Getting burgled is not a trivial issue, no way.

Archived