Car valuation? Any reliable sources?

Hi, my mate is thinking of selling his car - a Peugeot 206cc, 2.0l Allure, 53 plate (71,200 miles.)

He has been offered £1'500, as part exchange from a dealer, but I think that is a very low price.

I have checked two sites: What Car? and Parkers and for the year of the car and model, What Car? had a part exchange of £2,740 (for 71'200 miles), and Parkers - £1,980 (based on 80'000 mileage.)

The dealership has stated that Parkers is unreliable, as it's run by the Sun newspaper or something like that.

What should my friend be roughly expecting for his car, if he was to sell it privately or as a part exchange?

Thanks.

If he's buying another car it's the "cost to change" that's important isn't it? Maybe the car he's after is cheap,all deals are different..will the dealer drop the price of the one your friend wants to buy?

If he's buying another car it's the "cost to change" that's important isn't it? Maybe the car he's after is cheap,all deals are different..will the dealer drop the price of the one your friend wants to buy?

The car he has been looking at is £9000 and it's a Peugeout 307. I just think that dealers will quote low, but the same or similar cars they are selling are priced HIGH!!!

It's not that he is just selling or part exchanging, he is going for a car much higher in value!!!

The car he has been looking at is £9000 and it's a Peugeout 307. I just think that dealers will quote low, but the same or similar cars they are selling are priced HIGH!!!

It's not that he is just selling or part exchanging, he is going for a car much higher in value!!!

Depends how much the dealer is making on the sale..if he doesn't get the deal he wants then go somewhere else..not being funny but it's not like a 307 is special...

Depends how much the dealer is making on the sale..if he doesn't get the deal he wants then go somewhere else..not being funny but it's not like a 307 is special...

I know, but the 307 price does seem quite high albeit a differnt model and younger in age. I would have thought in this climate they would want to strike a deal rather than lose a potentially good customer elsewhere.

I know, but the 307 price does seem quite high albeit a differnt model and younger in age. I would have thought in this climate they would want to strike a deal rather than lose a potentially good customer elsewhere.

Not if it isn't worth their while..has your friend tried to haggle?

Not if it isn't worth their while..has your friend tried to haggle?

Well, they say in one hand these kind of cars dont sell at this time of year and yet price these cars fairly high, in my opinion, when they should be wanting to sell. He has questioned the quote on his EDIT: 206 and they wont budge although another dealer has quoted £500 higher at £2000. Well the dealer looks like he's lost a sale and a potentially great customer. Their loss for not even attempting to strike a deal of some sort!

Well, they say in one hand these kind of cars dont sell at this time of year and yet price these cars fairly high, in my opinion, when they should be wanting to sell. He has questioned the quote on his 306 and they wont budge although another dealer has quoted £500 higher at £2000. Well the dealer looks like he's lost a sale and a potentially great customer. Their loss for not even attempting to strike a deal of some sort!

Online Glass's guide..don't know if it's the same as the dealers use

http://www.glass.co.uk/?gclid=CPjtx7jLpKwCFRRc4QodGDCR-g

Online Glass's guide..don't know if it's the same as the dealers use

http://www.glass.co.uk/?gclid=CPjtx7jLpKwCFRRc4QodGDCR-g

Glass's Basic valuation for your specified car (Peugeot 206 2.0 ( dig a/c ) 2003MY Coupe Cabriolet Allure)

Trade-in price range

£1,180.00 - £1,570.00 ha ha ha ha

Above is the price range you could expect to recieve if you are trading in your car, this price is designed to give you a broad idea of the cars value.

If you are serious about part exchanging this car with a dealer, purchasing a premium valuation will give you the accurate price you will need to get the deal done.

Need a more detailed valuation?

And for that my mate will need to pay!

Glass's Basic valuation for your specified car (Peugeot 206 2.0 ( dig a/c ) 2003MY Coupe Cabriolet Allure)

Trade-in price range

£1,180.00 - £1,570.00

Above is the price range you could expect to recieve if you are trading in your car, this price is designed to give you a broad idea of the cars value.

If you are serious about part exchanging this car with a dealer, purchasing a premium valuation will give you the accurate price you will need to get the deal done.

Need a more detailed valuation?

And for that my mate will need to pay!

So he's been offered towards the top of the trade in range?...

Archived