Royal Mail sends letters to staff asking for proof of ID

Do you think its right for the Royal Mail to ask for proof of being british  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think its right for the Royal Mail to ask for proof of being british

• Yes
    • No

What is your point?

Employers are required to check that people have the right to work in the UK (an EU passport would be acceptable). Employers face a fine (I believe £10k) if they employ someone who is not entitled to work here. I do not see a problem with them asking staff to provide that proof.

I imagine if you fail to provide the require proof you will be dismissed.

What is your point?

Employers are required to check that people have the right to work in the UK (an EU passport would be acceptable). Employers face a fine (I believe £10k) if they employ someone who is not entitled to work here. I do not see a problem with them asking staff to provide that proof.

I was only asking a question I don`t have a point

What is your point?

This or to make sure their visa stamps are up to date.

Its a VERY common practice in any field of work.

Archived