Great news, Halal and Kosher to be banned by the Dutch

More than 90% of halal meat is stunned before its killed anyway, so the animal wouldn't feel a thing.

Not sure why you think this applies to Crosser's eventual demise, is he/she planning on being stunned before death.

Arguing that because death is the end product of all forms of slaughter so it doesnt matter how an animal dies, is ignorant to the suffering of animals.

Nowhere did I say that. No, I'm arguing that to show compassion to animals slaughtered using Kosher and Halal methods is hypocritical if you ignore the suffering of the those killed using other methods.

Have you watched the videos? Did you see how many chickens are still alive after having had their throats cut and subsequently dumped in boiling water until they drown? Are you aware that a greater proportion of animals suffer using your traditional methods?

I am really struggling reading some of the posts here. Without harping on about it, if you are involved in the death of ANY (chickens included) animal surely you owe that beast or bird a quick and hopefully painless death. As I have stated before I have dispatched many animals and birds, but have a clear conscience as I have done my best to afford the animal minimal pain before and during its demise. As a human at the top of the food chain, anything less should be made illegal.

When it's time for your dog or cat to go to meet its God, would you slit its throat and watch it succumb slowly or would you visit the vet, have it anesthetized then simply "put to sleep".

I know which I will do when the time comes for my animals.

Angel1.

As I have stated before I have dispatched many animals and birds, but have a clear conscience as I have done my best to afford the animal minimal pain before and during its demise.

The 2016 Oskar Schindler Award For Humanitarian Magnificence goes to.....

Nowhere did I say that. No, I'm arguing that to show compassion to animals slaughtered using Kosher and Halal methods is hypocritical if you ignore the suffering of the those killed using other methods.

Have you watched the videos? Did you see how many chickens are still alive after having had their throats cut and subsequently dumped in boiling water until they drown? Are you aware that a greater proportion of animals suffer using your traditional methods?

I'm fully aware of the videos released by animal rights activists who would like to convert everyone to vegetarianism. The fact is, the law requires ALL animals to be stunned before they are dispatched with the exclusion of Halal and Kosher. If you wanted to slaughter animals without pre-stunning we would be prevented or prosecuted if we did not conform to the rules.

There are always mistakes, and the slaughter houses that do not conform should be prosecuted. However their actions do not pave the way for anyone to cause unnecessary suffering to animals. Your dismissive attitude is a lazily way to avoid actually doing something about something that needs attention. Its the cowards get out clause.

The experts say it should be banned, why do you feel that you are more qualified to say it should not?

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 16:03 ----------

More than 90% of halal meat is stunned before its killed anyway, so the animal wouldn't feel a thing.

Sharp rise in halal abattoirs slaughtering animals without stunning them first

Last year 2.4 million sheep and goats had their throats cut without being stunned in halal and kosher abattoirs, according to the British Veterinary Association (BVA).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11378667/Sharp-rise-in-halal-abattoirs-slaughtering-animals-without-stunning-them-first.html

This is going the wrong way.

That figure looks a little high.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11378667/Sharp-rise-in-halal-abattoirs-slaughtering-animals-without-stunning-them-first.html

Campaigning by Muslims for traditional methods of slaughter has led to a 60 percent rise in the number of non-pain free killings, industry experts said.

Last year 2.4 million sheep and goats had their throats cut without being stunned in halal and kosher abattoirs, according to the British Veterinary Association (BVA).

In halal premium, 37 per cent of sheep and goats, 25 per cent of cattle and 16 per cent of poultry were killed without being stunned first.

I'm fully aware of the videos released by animal rights activists who would like to convert everyone to vegetarianism. The fact is, the law requires ALL animals to be stunned before they are dispatched with the exclusion of Halal and Kosher. If you wanted to slaughter animals without pre-stunning we would be prevented or prosecuted if we did not conform to the rules.

There are always mistakes, and the slaughter houses that do not conform should be prosecuted. However their actions do not pave the way for anyone to cause unnecessary suffering to animals. Your dismissive attitude is a lazily way to avoid actually doing something about something that needs attention. Its the cowards get out clause.

The experts say it should be banned, why do you feel that you are more qualified to say it should not?

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 16:03 ----------

Sharp rise in halal abattoirs slaughtering animals without stunning them first

This is going the wrong way.

You seem to be attributing all sorts of things to me. I campaign for the welfare of all animals unlike some who pick and choose their campaigns based on prejudice.

That figure looks a little high.

Campaigning by Muslims for traditional methods of slaughter has led to a 60 percent rise in the number of non-pain free killings, industry experts said.

In halal premium, 37 per cent of sheep and goats, 25 per cent of cattle and 16 per cent of poultry were killed without being stunned first.

Sorry, 88% not 90%. My bad!

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/britain-first-tried-to-invade-a-halal-slaughterhouse-it-went-very-badly--ZJx_7ZbKWMb