Bank bailouts. Where's the money coming from?

I object first and foremost to the title of the thread.

Define money.

Money is a means of exchange, a store of value.

The banks have been bailed out with currency. This is not about money. This discussion relates to power and control.

Brilliant article from todays papers about City of London Mayor using public funds of at least a £100 million which assists greatly a property company, whom he's having a sabbatical from, whilst he is the Mayor. Go figure.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/nov/06/city-property-benefit-developer-mayor

No Way!! A senior politician with the fingers of one hand in the til, whilst holding up two fingers from the other hand. I've written to my MP about it, and he says it might be best if we don't rock the boat.

I object first and foremost to the title of the thread.

Define money.

Money is a means of exchange, a store of value.

The banks have been bailed out with currency. This is not about money. This discussion relates to power and control.

Well yes, money is merely the medium by which we are intimidated and exploited. That's evolution for ya! Why bang your chest and howl if you have alpha males in your employ who will do that sort of thing for you?

No Way!! A senior politician with the fingers of one hand in the til, whilst holding up two fingers from the other hand. I've written to my MP about it, and he says it might be best if we don't rock the boat.

We wont let them get away with it anymore....

The banks and financial institutions have bent the rules of capitalism so that they cannot lose.

The have privatised their profits, ans nationalised their losses.

This means that the keep their profits (and pay virtually no tax on them), but when they hit problems it is the tax payer who bails them out.

No other sector has this luxury.

The banks and financial institutions have bent the rules of capitalism so that they cannot lose.

The have privatised their profits, ans nationalised their losses.

This means that the keep their profits (and pay virtually no tax on them), but when they hit problems it is the tax payer who bails them out.

No other sector has this luxury.

Not even sure it's really capitalism. It's a framework for theft of public of public money. It's almost like a kleptocracy by proxy (politicians the proxy for the bankers) that also locks in deferred benefits for those who act as the proxy, e.g. Through lucrative city roles later on. Whatever it is it's seriously corrupt.

Not even sure it's really capitalism. It's a framework for theft of public of public money. It's almost like a kleptocracy by proxy (politicians the proxy for the bankers) that also locks in deferred benefits for those who act as the proxy, e.g. Through lucrative city roles later on. Whatever it is it's seriously corrupt.

It isnt capitalism. That died when we bailed them out, and subsidised them every since.

Mugs like you and me of course:mad:

Why are some people still saying things like we have to pay off the national debt, we got into this mess by borrowing too much etc... but can't see the connection with giving billions in bail outs to banks?

What's the matter with them?

Why are some people still saying things like we have to pay off the national debt, we got into this mess by borrowing too much etc... but can't see the connection with giving billions in bail outs to banks?

What's the matter with them?

So we renege on our debts ……….. that should make us popular around the world and then we say to millions of bank customers ……………. You are screwed, no savings, no pension and no house.

Archived