SFFC Statement - Scott Fraser (scottf)

As explained in the match report of the game on 06.11.11, Sheffield Forum v Noahs Ark, Scott Fraser was taken to hospital following a late challenge. We have since found out that Scott has broken both bones in his leg just above the ankle.

He is to have initial surgery in the morning then 4-6 months with an external cage fixation around his leg. It also looks like the injury is going to put a stop to Frasers playing career.

Scott came to Sheffield Forum on the first game of the season as cover for a banned defender. He played the first 2 games and did extremely well and did stay on at the club. He took a weekend off to run a marathon for charity before returning to action starting each game he was available for. He soon became a key player in the Forum defence.

Scott made 6 appearances for Sheffield Forum and will be missed by his team mates every matchday. We all wish him all the best and hope his recovery goes well. We are working on visiting him in the near future following his operation. He will always be welcome at Sheffield Forum FC and look forward to him getting back to good health.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank referee Mark Bennett for his assistance provided to Scott and the care he provided. He took full control of the situation and made Scott comfortable and still whilst awaiting medical help. A credit to Sunday League referees and we look forward to games officiated by him in the future.

Aw thanks, your far too kind with your praise!!!

It has been a real pleasure playing for the forum, they are all a top group of Lads!!

I had better still be allowed on the end of season party! ;)

Saffy- pop up and say hi, I'm on huntsman 6, drop me a message on fb in the morning just to make sure they haven't sent me home by then.

Can we get a message to the ref from me passing on my thanks, he was so calm and that in turn calmed me down, a perfect example of what to do in a situation like that.

(still don't think it was a penalty though ;) )

Aw thanks, your far too kind with your praise!!!

It has been a real pleasure playing for the forum, they are all a top group of Lads!!

I had better still be allowed on the end of season party! ;)

Suppose so....should have completed the rehab just in time to get legless!! LOL

Can we get a message to the ref from me passing on my thanks, he was so calm and that in turn calmed me down, a perfect example of what to do in a situation like that.

(still don't think it was a penalty though ;) )

I thanked him Sunday night for what he did, was really good in everything he did. I'll pass on your thanks in the morning.

And agreed but hey... :hihi:

EDIT: In fact, I'll tell him Sunday! Looks like we have him again this weekend ;) I'll not mention the penalty though now

Archived