WESTWAY rock night...GET OFF YOUR BUTTS

goldenfleece

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Yes I mean a TOUR BUS, painted in bright colours and full of happy people. Essential.......calling all tour buses in the area, make sure you stop off at Westway for your refreshments .......guaranteed a warm welcome and the best music in town....

I would normally question you on the 'best music' bit but having heard whoever was DJing The Sportsman on Saturday play 5, count em, FIVE Guns 'n' Roses tracks in less than two hours I think The Westway doth rock more mightily!

*glee*

Originally posted by Jozafeen

I would normally question you on the 'best music' bit but having heard whoever was DJing The Sportsman on Saturday play 5, count em, FIVE Guns 'n' Roses tracks in less than two hours I think The Westway doth rock more mightily!

*glee*

Did not know the Sportsman still had DJ's on Saturday.......was it packed with enthralled punters?

Did not know the Sportsman still had DJ's on Saturday.......was it packed with enthralled punters?

It was packed with people shunning the other alternative/rock pubs which didn't have bouncers on and felt like one of the only safe places in town due to the football malarkey.

The DJ seemed to be female and very fond of the microphone - couldn't hear a darned word said on it - marvellous!

It was packed with people shunning the other alternative/rock pubs which didn't have bouncers on and felt like one of the only safe places in town due to the football malarkey.

The DJ seemed to be female and very fond of the microphone - couldn't hear a darned word said on it - marvellous!

The dj SEEMED to be female !

I wasnt there but I can tell you exactly who it was - Shez.

Been telling her that mike aint set right for her voice for ages.

It was a really good atmosphere at the Moorfoot Tavern on Saturday night. There were a few footy fans in and I got them all rocking and dancing! It's all down to knowing what type of music to play for a crowd who don't normally listen to rock. They had a ball! A couple of policemen wandered in at one point to check out the atmosphere, they didn't stay long as all was very merry - plus I played Judas Priest's 'Breaking the Law' which made everyone even happier! Bouncers were not needed.

Even when I used to run the Yorkshireman's I didn't employ bouncers, it's really not needed in a rock bar. Rockers don't attract idiots and quickly sort out any problems.

Originally posted by Classic Rock

It was a really good atmosphere at the Moorfoot Tavern on Saturday night. There were a few footy fans in and I got them all rocking and dancing! It's all down to knowing what type of music to play for a crowd who don't normally listen to rock. They had a ball! A couple of policemen wandered in at one point to check out the atmosphere, they didn't stay long as all was very merry - plus I played Judas Priest's 'Breaking the Law' which made everyone even happier! Bouncers were not needed.

Even when I used to run the Yorkshireman's I didn't employ bouncers, it's really not needed in a rock bar. Rockers don't attract idiots and quickly sort out any problems.

That's in an out of the way pub though, in the centre of town the atmosphere was a little different and the door staff being on at The Sportsman was great.

With respect, there are at least six more 'townie' bars in that area than there was when The Yorkshireman was open.

That's in an out of the way pub though, in the centre of town the atmosphere was a little different and the door staff being on at The Sportsman was great.

it was OK in the Moorfoot, no trouble at all.........actually did not see any trouble in town that night anywhere except for a brief confrontation in the Nelson downstairs between a long haired biker and a stella drinking woolly hatted chav, but that was sorted out very quickly and calmly.

Ok, so the moorfoot may not be the "centre" of town.

But that will not detract from the fact that people will travel to get what they want.

Look at the old CRB, packed to the rafters every night and that could hardly be called the town centre.

What is needed is CRB 2, however that isnt going to happen for a while so in the meantime, Buffy is working wherever she can and carrying on the CRB traditions - cant fault her for that.

She is even going to out of the way places like Deepcar, Ecclesfield etc and preaching to the heathens (some of which have converted)

Things are going to change in the sheffield rock scene....and its gonna happen soon !

it was OK in the Moorfoot, no trouble at all.........actually did not see any trouble in town that night anywhere except for a brief confrontation in the Nelson downstairs between a long haired biker and a stella drinking woolly hatted chav, but that was sorted out very quickly and calmly.

That's good to know - we had the riot squad outside the Yorkshire Grey/Roebuck and they advised us to avoid Cambridge St and Barkers Pool as it'd kicked off around there at 10ish.

It was most annoying some of the nicer pubs around West St were closed from 5 on Saturday - silly football fans!

Archived