Martial Arts for kids/general advice

mikey

thanks to all...my son has been dogging me for months about finding somewhere! i kno, thanks to your replies i can find one he feels comfortable with and is what he wants....his hero is jackie chan! the seminar certainly looks interesting and i will be sure to go...what are the times for it dave? will there be different styles on offer to look at then? cant wait! again thanks to all and you can be sure if i have any Qs you'll all be the first to hear lol....Bev

Hi, Sifu William Lai trains Wing Chun Chinese Kung Fu in Sheffield Chinese Community Centre on London Road. Wing Chun Kung fu is a good martial arts skills that meets the 3 Es, economy, efficiency and effectiveness. I understand that Sifu Lai does not take students below age 16. How are old your children?

He now only trains on Saturday evening owing to his other commitments. For further information you can visit his site at http://www.wingchun.me.uk or http://www.geocities.com/williamlaiwingchun . I hope this help.

Sleepingcat

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding Sifu Lai's Wing Chun class, I would have to agree that it is probably not suitable for young 'uns. I've been training there for two months now and while I'm enjoying it immensely, the progress is SLOW, and the nature of the classes would not appeal to kids in my opinion.

• 11 months later...

Ok so i have 2 brothers 12 and 9 (small for there age! they luk 9 and 6)

anyway thye have both been asking about going to a martial arts like karate or kick boxing or something along those lines the lads fetched home letters form there youth club but the prices were really really steep and i was wondering if anyone could give me some websites or numbers and prices to check out!

PM me please with info.

Thanks Everyone

• 4 weeks later...

fitness first in millhouses do children's martial arts lessons, in a typical one hour lesson they do 15 minutes life skills (fire safety, first aid, drugs awareness, anti- bullying etc) and 45 minutes on mixed martial arts (karate, taekwondo and kick boxing). the programmes are for 3- 6 year olds and 7- 12 year olds. the company who do the lessons there are called matt fiddes martial arts schools who you can ring on 0800 0350 594 for more information. hope that helps

for kids that age id say marsdens all styles

07708 626 749

its a very good club and the instructors' both their kids train there too and their nephews and nieces

both good martial artists and a proper family club i think

Archived