Martial Arts for kids/general advice

mikey

Ok, I note there is a lot of Martial Arts fans on here, I know nothing about it and I need some advice.

My daughter is 12 and she has tried a trial session of Ju-Jitsu with Castle Black Belt Academy,

1. firstly any advice on this organisation.

2. secondly which art would she be better trying, there are so many. I guess she needs a general self defence type art.

3. Anybody recommend any good clubs / schools / dojos whatever you call them in the SW of Sheffield.:thumbsup:

Thanks in advance

mikey

Do not join this club. Don't believe all the chat that 'Master' Sheehan gives you - most of it is B***s***. He's only in it for the money.

• 4 weeks later...
I've considered looking at their Tae Kwan Do club, but I'm reluctant to sign up cos I'm betting they'll be full of 10 year olds who think they're Bruce Lee.

Not im my TKD lessons, that type of student either gets fed up of having to learn the basics, or realises that martial arts arnt really like that, and starts to put the effort, concentration and above all, humility in to their training.

Ive ead alot about people wanting martial arts for kids well i know that Sheffield Academy of Martial Arts teach kung fu or kickboxing kids classes are from 4/5 years old on mondays tuesdays wednesdays saturdays and sundays, look at there web site http://www.prokungfu.com loads of info and very good instructors with children. ps there at hillsborough ,walkly , greystones pitsmoor.

Archived