Martial Arts for kids/general advice

mikey

If you are anwhere near the The Source they run a JKD class (sort of mixed kung-fu / kick boxing / self defence) run by one of the people on the forum called jay_kd. I found his classes to be more fun and relaxed (and demanding!) than the more tradition arts. There is also a very good Thai Boxing class in town on Effingham Road.

The all round best advice I can offer though is find a few schools that appeal and go sit in on a lessons in each one to see if it meets your requirements!

If you can get to Dinnington then Dave Graham teaches 7 star praying mantis kung fu. I've been going to his san shou sessions. He's very knowledgable and friendly. he holds classes for kids(little dragons), have a look on his website for details. I think he may be looking for other sheffield venues too.

his website is http://www.moifa.20m.com

Neil

My son does kung fu at 393 club at Hillsborough it used to be the old boys brigade club. He loves it, it has given him so much confidence. Graham and Adrian Abdulla run this club, they're great. Well and truely recommend them. The classes are only £3.50. Its called Sheffield Academy of Martial Arts, look on prokungfu.com

Hi shefflass

You have started in the right place there are a lot of good Martial Arts People in the Sheffield Area & on this Forum.

A good place to start when you want to look for a good Kung Fu Club or any other martial art club is to ask Question.

Kung Fu can be a funny thing, it is a little different from other styles but don’t let that put you off. So hear are some question to start off with, if they are a legitimate club they will not mind you asking or giving you the information.

1 find out what association they are in, and you will need there Phone Number & call them.

2 what is there lineage, i.e. who there instructor is and who is his instructor. Also get there phone number & call them.

3 What Grade are they and how long they have been training in their style & how long it took them to get to that grade.

If you have any question please don’t hesitate to E-mail me.

Dave

http://www.moifa.20m.com

Hi Shefflass

Another thing might be to pop over on the 29th Feb in Sheffield. Some of the members of the forum are doing a Multi Martial Arts Seminar for Tsunami it would give you a chance to have a look at some Ku7ng Fu styles & have a chat to some of the instructors 3 of us that do Kung Fu Will be there.

JKD, Tai Chi, & 7 star Praying Mantis that are all Kung Fu styles, we also have someone doing Krav Manga. (If that’s not how it is Spelt Sorry)

Dave

http://www.moifa.20m.com

Archived