School bullies. Whats your opinion?

Firstly i have to say i have no kids, the child in question is my neighbours little girl but after hearing what she had to say i was in tears. Shes been getting bullied now for over a year by the same pair of brothers who have not only made her school life a misery but also the lives of most of the other children in the school. She (the mum) has spoken to the school about 6 or 7 times about it and always gets the same wet response of "well monitor the situation".

In the mean time her child and lots of other children in the school are getting bullied, bruised and hurt.

Several have changed schools and more have made offical complaints to the school and LEA.

My question is this.

Can she get a petition up and running to have the kids excluded permanantly?

She speaks to quite a few parents on a daily basis who have also had problems and are still having problems with these two.

These children are ferel, nasty and brutal.

One of them has a habbit of exposing himself to the girls in the toilets and yet the school take NO action!

Would a petition be the way to go or would it infringe on their rights (the brothers) in some way?

This is absolutely appalling and sadly not unusual. Have the kids been temporarily excluded at all, do you know? I would get a group of parents together to wrote to the school, copy the letter to the Board of Governors, the LEA and Ofsted. Also there is a school complaints system being piloted in Sheffield. Failing that, a group of parents should approach the local press. They mustn't give up, this kind of behaviour cannot be allowed to continue. Also, I suggest that they keep a log of all such incidents.

Archived