Have you ever felt awkward or felt like you cant post on here?

I have reached the conclusion that if anyone dares challenge conventional "wisdom" on this forum they immediately get insulted and accused of being a troll by bigots.

That only happens if they just randomly decide that conventional wisdom is wrong, without having any shred of evidence to support their position.

If you want to argue that the Earth is flat, go ahead, but expect to be called an idiot. Arguing that the Earth is flat three thousand years after it was proven to be roughly spherical, would be a very idiotic thing to do, after all.

Oh, ok then.:huh:

It may be helpfull to 0742 if you can give your reason from going from this

"I have sat and read many threads without posting on this forum and it serves only to strengthen my stance."

to posting like a trooper, and if your stance has been strengthened how come you're posting?

It may be helpfull to 0742 if you can give your reason from going from this

"I have sat and read many threads without posting on this forum and it serves only to strengthen my stance."

to posting like a trooper, and if your stance has been strengthened how come you're posting?

Oh dear! :D:D:D

I'm not going to mention any names. I would appreciate it if others didn't either.

Last night i was accused of stalking someone on here. I also had a personal insult aimed at me. The posts have been removed. Since then the person involved has posted on several threads and i find myself immediately backing away from those threads in case it all kicks off again. A few minutes ago this person posted in a thread and i wanted to reply to their post,which is what i try to do throughout the forum. I believe in replying to posts, not people (in most cases), yet i felt as though i couldn't do that in case of accusations.

It was only a couple of weeks ago i was defending this person in a thread as well.

Does anyone else ever feel like this or do you just think 'sod it, i'm posting anyway'?

i do hesitate to post sometimes because i feel as if i'm intruding on someones

little clique. but that maybe me being silly.

i've pressed delete more often than I've pressed "post quick reply" - just as I have just done to the rest of the points I made in this post - as far as I'm concerned I'm responding to a post, not a poster - half the time I've no idea who I've agreed with or argued against

Post and be damned (within the rules obviously) (am I allowed to say damned?)

I know more people by their avatar than their username due to mainly replying to posts, rather than the poster. I've even found myself agreeing with someone in one thread and ripping in to them on a different thread at the same time.

That only happens if they just randomly decide that conventional wisdom is wrong, without having any shred of evidence to support their position.

If you want to argue that the Earth is flat, go ahead, but expect to be called an idiot. Arguing that the Earth is flat three thousand years after it was proven to be roughly spherical, would be a very idiotic thing to do, after all.

I agree that it would be idiotic to make such claims. I would suggest that it would also be idiotic to make reference to such a claim if someone had not made such a claim.

My contentions are vastly more realistic than the one portrayed.:roll:

I know more people by their avatar than their username due to mainly replying to posts, rather than the poster. I've even found myself agreeing with someone in one thread and ripping in to them on a different thread at the same time.

Then you would be a loss more so if you refrained from posting.

Archived