Baton rounds on hand so that protesters can be shot if needs be.

You are playing with the words, remember what the last riots looked like :roll:

No I'm not. I think if people are smashing things up then let them get on with it. Record them, prosecute them. Let them wreck their own futures. But shooting no.

If you had framed the question around baton round usage when people are seriously endangering life then I would have agreed with you 100%.

You have to be very careful when you use this type of language. I think the routine use of baton rounds for simply damaging property would be an absolute disaster.

No I'm not. I think if people are smashing things up then let them get on with it. Record them, prosecute them. Let them wreck their own futures. But shooting no.

If you had framed the question around baton round usage when people are seriously endangering life then I would have agreed with you 100%.

You have to be very careful when you use this type of language. I think the routine use of baton rounds for simply damaging property would be an absolute disaster.

I admit you make some valid points and I would not condone "routine" use against rioters. I think when they start setting fire to property then I would consider using baton rounds, although probably not the big ones we used in Northern Ireland, maybe rubber buckshot fired from shotguns.

Archived