Baton rounds on hand so that protesters can be shot if needs be.

Originally Posted by Halibut

Yes you can.

Was Ian Tomlinson responsible for his own death?

Yes he was.

Sad though the case may be, he was being deliberately obstructive, repeatedly standing in the way of the Police and a good shove was entirely appropriate.

If he hadn't chosen to be obstructive and display attitude, he may be alive today. He died as a result of his own actions.

have you seen this phobia?

Ichthyophobia- Fear of fish. give you any ideas?:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Anybody reading this thread can easily verify what I've said.
As well as what I asked, indeed.

You asked me to point out differences and I have.
I asked you to point out differences in policing approach (strategy, procedure) which, you claimed, differ 'radically'.

Not cherry-pick isolated incidents (clearly not representative of a more general approach) to suit your stance. Especially when it is, comparably, just as easy to find similar isolated incidents on the part of the British police (and any other national police force that deals with protests on a regular basis).

First time on SF I've had somebody offer to bring a Senior French government official into the mix.
You just about accused me of lying, so I have given some further contextual information. For obvious reasons (as you seem familiar with the term), I will not provide any further information. After that, you believe me or not, it's no skin off my nose.

Let's leave it there before it gets any dafter.
Indeed, eminently sensible.

Yes he was.

Sad though the case may be, he was being deliberately obstructive, repeatedly standing in the way of the Police and a good shove was entirely appropriate.

If he hadn't chosen to be obstructive and display attitude, he may be alive today. He died as a result of his own actions.

Being obstructive by being severely unwell?

Glad you're showing your true colours though. You clearly think people in official 'security' roles should be given carte blanche to do what they like when dealing with the public.

Maybe if the police had shown themselves to be - as a whole - more trustworthy, we could leave them get on with it, but unfortunately the force attracts bullies - especially in crowd control roles - and it has been shown that many of them habitually lie through their teeth, from the top down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassman62

Ichthyophobia- Fear of fish.

Quote:

have you seen this phobia?

Ichthyophobia- Fear of fish. give you any ideas?

Quote:

Not half when you're around we all get 'Ichthyophobia- Fear of fish'.

You're repeating yourself.

I know, its catching, bit like hiccups

Being obstructive by being severely unwell?

Glad you're showing your true colours though. You clearly think people in official 'security' roles should be given carte blanche to do what they like when dealing with the public.

Maybe if the police had shown themselves to be - as a whole - more trustworthy, we could leave them get on with it, but unfortunately the force attracts bullies - especially in crowd control roles - and it has been shown that many of them habitually lie through their teeth, from the top down.

It seems strange does it not, that the government is going down this route of a police state shooting its owns people?

They have recently been complicit in removing Ghaddafi, because he was a dictator who ran a police state.

They want rid of the Taliban, because they run a police state.

They want rid of Burma because it is a police state.

Yet they want to turn Britain into one.

On the grounds that a few drunken yobs last summer showed their police force to be full of cowardly wretches who dare not challenge a few hoodies, nicking a few tellies.

Strange isn't it he was severely well enough to attend a riot.

Do you suffer from severe amnesia, or have you just never bothered to inform yourself of the facts of the case?

He was going home from work, and had no alternative, as his workplace was within the police cordon. Secondly there was no 'riot' going on where Mr Tomlinson was killed.

Do you suffer from severe amnesia, or have you just never bothered to inform yourself of the facts of the case?

He was going home from work, and had no alternative, as his workplace was within the police cordon. Secondly there was no 'riot' going on where Mr Tomlinson was killed.

Well put up a video of the none riots then.

Archived