Baton rounds on hand so that protesters can be shot if needs be.

Very true. The left wing keyboard warriors who take every opportunity to bash the police wouldn't have the balls to do a job that involves protecting the public from thousands of lowlife thugs hell bent on causing a riot.

Remember what happened to PC Keith Blakelock and you might understand why this copper reacted to Tomlinson's aggressive behaviour the way he did.

What agressive behaviour was that ..walking away from them?

What agressive behaviour was that ..walking away from them?
He was aggressive and challenging by walking into their path and refusing to get out of the way - much the way one often sees minority youths doing when crossing the road - they step out into moving traffic (not on a crossing) and give the driver who's had to slow down a 'look' as they saunter at a provocatively slow speed, doing their utmost to hold you up.

That is what Tomlinson was in effect doing to the Police.

Remember what happened to PC Keith Blakelock and you might understand why this copper reacted to Tomlinson's aggressive behaviour the way he did.

Oh, so you think the officer that struck a man posing no threat from behind was justified because a policeman was murdered years ago?

I don't think it's much of a defence, frankly.

He was aggressive and challenging by walking into their path and refusing to get out of the way - much the way one often sees minority youths doing when crossing the road - they step out into moving traffic (not on a crossing) and give the driver who's had to slow down a 'look' as they saunter at a provocatively slow speed, doing their utmost to hold you up.

So walking away is challenging and aggresive..?I didn't see it as that ...of course your opinion may well differ..the courts seem to think there's a case to answer..the guy was struck from behind..he had his hands in his pockets so couldn't protect himself when he fell..as for your analogy if I ran one of the youths over I'd be the one in the wrong..

By your own analogy a driver in that position would be justified in driving into and killing or injuring the pedestrian. You might find that an acceptable outcome; fortunately the law sees it differently.

By your own analogy a driver in that position would be justified in driving into and killing or injuring the pedestrian. You might find that an acceptable outcome; fortunately the law sees it differently.
If a pedestrian walks into the path of a car, it's not necessarily the driver's fault.

As it happens, I rather like the American view that pedestrians are breaking the law if they cross the road off an official crossing - that way, if somebody is foolish enough to walk under a car except on a crossing, it should never be the driver's fault.

As stated previously there are still outstanding legal proceedings pending in the Tomlinson case.

But I will say this. No witnesses have described him as posing any threat whatsoever. This includes police who were present. When he was hit he had actually turned to leave after accepting he would not be allowed through the police line. He is reported to have said 'I just wanted to get home'.

Let's wait for the trial.

As stated previously there are still outstanding legal proceedings pending in the Tomlinson case.

But I will say this. No witnesses have described him as posing any threat whatsoever. This includes police who were present. When he was hit he had actually turned to leave after accepting he would not be allowed through the police line. He is reported to have said 'I just wanted to get home'.

Let's wait for the trial.

He didn't even have thick black curly hair and big rubber lips.

Archived