Baton rounds on hand so that protesters can be shot if needs be.

Yes, and he'd ignored verbal instructions. Don't forget there was a huge riot going on - the Police aren't going to be all soft and fluffy under such circumstances, so if some fool gets in their way and deliberately won’t move, they need to act swiftly and decisively to shift him. Anybody who refuses legitmate Police instructions should have no opportunity to complain when they suffer the consequences.

Like the Guildford four and the Birmingham six do you mean ?

Like the Guildford four and the Birmingham six do you mean ?
They were not innocent people - they were terrorist murderers who later benefitted from procedural errors which allowed their lawyers to successfully appeal, when they should still be in jail or on the end of a rope.

They were not innocent people - they were terrorist murderers who later benefitted from procedural errors which allowed their lawyers to successfully appeal, when they should still be in jail or on the end of a rope.

One procedural error being Police Fabrication of Evidence. Now that's what I call a procedural error.

They were guilty as sin, and members of the IRA etc, it's a pity hanging wasn't in place for terrorism.
They could have been innocent - after all, I bet there's loads of Semtex residue on your bathtowel and mine, most people on this forum probaly have bits of explosive and bomb making components all over their homes.

They could have been innocent - after all, I bet there's loads of Semtex residue on your bathtowel and mine, most people on this forum probaly have bits of explosive and bomb making components all over their homes.
Of course they were, we all know that every home had an 'ACME' or a 'Chad Valley' bomb making kit.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I carry a part of an hand grenade around with me most of the time.

Yes, and he'd ignored verbal instructions. Don't forget there was a huge riot going on - the Police aren't going to be all soft and fluffy under such circumstances, so if some fool gets in their way and deliberately won’t move, they need to act swiftly and decisively to shift him. Anybody who refuses legitmate Police instructions should have no opportunity to complain when they suffer the consequences.

I've just watched the video again and or the life of me can't see a "huge riot" in the vicinity of where Tomlinson was floored...

It was Nitro actually, and you can get it on your hands off playing cards. You would make a good detective. ;)

I've just watched the video again and or the life of me can't see a "huge riot" in the vicinity of where Tomlinson was floored...

Not within a few yards, but please don't suggest that it was all quiet and peaceful at the time - the city was chaos, the Police were under pressure and some people (like Tomlinson) were not helping the situation.

Take a look at your link and tell me those Policemen weren't in a rush to get somewhere - were they just strolling down the road taking in the architecture?

Archived