Baton rounds on hand so that protesters can be shot if needs be.

Well done on the detail, my memory clouded over the years. You've been doing some Googling I guess, and just can't help yourself but coming back with personal snipes again - but I'm sure that makes you feel good behind your keyboard ;)

I didn't need to Google it, I am old enough to remember it. The Police were under great pressure to get someone for the crimes. They are not personal snipes, just the truth. :)

I didn't need to Google it, I am old enough to remember it. The Police were under great pressure to get someone for the crimes. They are not personal snipes, just the truth. :)
On reflection so do I, but soap/cards/TNT argumants aside, they were IRA villains and better off locked up. Plenty of guilty people walk free from court, but very few innocent people enter the dock. That includes the Guildford/Birmingham groups.

(Sorry, I'd confused you with another poster so removed the snipes comment - not aimed at you).

Not within a few yards, but please don't suggest that it was all quiet and peaceful at the time - the city was chaos, the Police were under pressure and some people (like Tomlinson) were not helping the situation.

Take a look at your link and tell me those Policemen weren't in a rush to get somewhere - were they just strolling down the road taking in the architecture?

They weren't exactly "making progress" in my opinion...

They could have been innocent - after all, I bet there's loads of Semtex residue on your bathtowel and mine, most people on this forum probaly have bits of explosive and bomb making components all over their homes.

It wasn't 'semtex residue' it was a type of plastic which was later proved to be present in the cards they were playing with, in the laminate of the table top they were sitting at on the train they were on, and common to hundreds of other ordinary household products. The forensic 'expert' in the Birmingham Six case has since been utterly discredited as an inept clod.

Archived