Baton rounds on hand so that protesters can be shot if needs be.

They've been through this whole cycle in Northern Ireland. Start using plastic bullets and people (often innocent) get killed ansd maimed. The experienced rioters will deliver their payloads and be out of there before a baton round is fired.

End result: Police get shown up to be indiscriminately thuggish against community. Novice rioters see that the worst weapon in the arsenal (except live ammo) isn't really that scary. Then the **** will hit the fan!

There is as is so often the case the very real chance that trouble if there is any will not be the cause of legitimate protesters, but a minority who relish the opportunity to cause unrest, those whose first instincts in any situation is violence, interestingly common traits amongst posters on various threads.

The bit you seem to be missing is we have laws to deal with all the things you describe. I'll repeat it again - baton rounds are for use in only extreme circumstances. We are not paying the police to shoot people who damage property - as much as you might think that it is just not the case. And long may it continue.

Going by your thinking if a young woman was been raped and the police turned up while the rape was still be carried out. You would be quite happy for the police to stand back and let the rapist finish because we have laws to deal him.

"Bullets on hand so that protesters can be shot if needs be."

A very missleading Title that the Mods should have pulled.

Baton Rounds are NOT bullets - FACT.

Regards

Angel.

True, but they're projectiles fired from weapons that can kill or maim - not so different from bullets really.

Going by your thinking if a young woman was been raped and the police turned up while the rape was still be carried out. You would be quite happy for the police to stand back and let the rapist finish because we have laws to deal him.

No way, that is not my thinking at all. With all due respect a pathetic and frankly offensive attempt at twisting what I've said.

You're describing a situation where police could take immediate action. And definitely would. The context of the rioters smashing up property is entirely different - there may not be enough personnel there to prevent it but they could gather sufficient information to secure later convictions.

No way, that is not my thinking at all. With all due respect a pathetic and frankly offensive attempt at twisting what I've said.

You're describing a situation where police could take immediate action. And definitely would. The context of the rioters smashing up property is entirely different - there may not be enough personnel there to prevent it but they could gather sufficient information to secure later convictions.

Your back tracking a little now arnt you and im far from twisting things. Your post clearly came across as a crime been commited and the police should stand back and let it happen because we have laws in place to deal with it afterwards.

Your back tracking a little now arnt you and im far from twisting things. Your post clearly came across as a crime been commited and the police should stand back and let it happen because we have laws in place to deal with it afterwards.

No I'm not back tracking at all. Not even a little bit. The thread is about rioters, not rapists. I would never in a million years suggest the police should stand back and let something like that happen.

And you are twisting things - in the post you quoted I even said that baton rounds should be reserved for extreme circumstances. Figure it out.

I suggest you get back on topic.

Archived