Baton rounds on hand so that protesters can be shot if needs be.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over someone being shot with a baton round for dropping litter, providing they know beforehand that it is a possible consequence of dropping it. So if the police are warning someone that baton rounds will be used the only person to blame for being shot would be the person that put themselves in a situation where they could be shot.

In post 14 you did say if a place is been smashed up i say let them get on with it.

Cherry picking which crimes you are happy to happen and which you think the police should step in.

Like i said if the usual suspect knew serious harmful force will be used it might just make them think before that brick goes through that window.

Or it might increase the likelihood of a greater counter threat!

In post 14 you did say if a place is been smashed up i say let them get on with it.

Cherry picking which crimes you are happy to happen and which you think the police should step in.

Like i said if the usual suspect knew serious harmful force will be used it might just make them think before that brick goes through that window.

It's a thread about riots. The context is provided by the thread. I'm not cherry picking anything.

I'll say it again. You can't automatically just shoot people just for attacking property.

I'll say it again. You can't automatically just shoot people just for attacking property.

And regardless of what a lot of ill-informed commentators are spouting, the police have no intention of doing so.

They have expressly said that they would only be used in the highly unlikely situation of having to protect people.

..... The Met is also mindful of fundamentally changing the nature of British policing through its actions. "We are not going to throw away 180 years of policing with communities lightly," ....

It's a thread about riots. The context is provided by the thread. I'm not cherry picking anything.

Which in itself is a shame.

I agree, it's the property owners tough luck if what they've built up over several years gets ruined by someone who feels the need to smash and burn it.

Who should be entitled to protect their business these days? Nobody.

Archived