Why do we inflict daylight saving time on ourselves?

Guest makapaka

Guest makapaka

Why do we still do this?

I can't see any benefit, and the downside of leaving home in the dark and wet mornings and coming home in the dark and wet night is just depressing.

Why do we still do this?

I can't see any benefit, and the downside of leaving home in the dark and wet mornings and coming home in the dark and wet night is just depressing.

Erm, if we didn't change the clocks from BST to GMT, it'd be even darker in the mornings.

A few years ago an extra adjustment was made which made it even worse. The UK is too big for 1 timezone, we only live half a life in Winter. I love to be outside, hate television. Split us up, bit tough for Scotland, they will have to readjust as well. Dark nights are crap, plus in summer the sun is coming up as early as 3.30 am, whats the use of that ???

Why do we still do this?

How do you propose we extend the daylight?

A few years ago an extra adjustment was made which made it even worse. The UK is too big for 1 timezone, we only live half a life in Winter. I love to be outside, hate television. Split us up, bit tough for Scotland, they will have to readjust as well. Dark nights are crap, plus in summer the sun is coming up as early as 3.30 am, whats the use of that ???

If the UK is too big for 1 timezone what about China and Russia.Huge countries using one timezone all the way across.I think china is about 3 hours difference in sunrise from east to west,poor farmers.Bit ridiculous i think.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-12849630

Archived