Sarkozy calls Israeli PM Netanyahu a 'liar'

Admirable from France. And I think we all know that Obama secretly agrees with Sarkozy.

Never trust Nutanyahu (or any other right-wing Israeli 'nut').

-------------

French President Nicolas Sarkozy called Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu a "liar" in remarks to US President Barack Obama overheard by journalists.

"I can't stand him anymore, he's a liar," Mr Sarkozy said in French.

"You may be sick of him, but me, I have to deal with him every day," Mr Obama replied.

(lol)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15635476

Members: do you endorse CXC3000's pathological postings? Ought he/she to be barred?

Don't be so silly, please.

Yes, and the report was probably accurate..

So we can all agree that Netanyahu is not to be trusted ?

Members: do you endorse CXC3000's pathological postings? Ought he/she to be barred?

What for?

All CX3000 has done is report what has been reported in the news and as the report is alleged to be true I cant see a problem.

On what possible grounds could you ask that this poster should be barred?

What is wrong with this thread for example?

Comment on a widely reported political situation - how is it offensive to anyone?

BTW, what do you think of what Sarkozy (and Obama) said ?
Nothing.

We don't know the first thing about what these (alleged) lies relate to, so we don't actually know whether there have been lies and, if there have been lies, whether they are grave or inconsequent.

The fact that Sarko and Bama have said it (is not disupted but-), is no proof that Netanyahu is a liar or not. Only that Sarko and Bama believe him to be one.

On that last point,

So we can all agree that Netanyahu is not to be trusted ?
No more no less than Sarko and Bama themselves. These two are hardly paragons are virtue.

Pot, kettle, black (no pun intended).

EDIT

At that level of politics, you don't even know if that comment was actually planted (fully expecting it to be overheard and widely reported). Which would not surprise me in the least.

After all, if Israel were to go it alone to knock seven shades out of Iran's nuclear facilities, and it then all goes south à la Iraq/Afghanistan, how convenient/easy would it be for Sarko and Bama to turn around and state that Netanyahu lied to them (again) about Israel's and/or Iran's intentions? Who do you think supplies 'the West' with on-the-ground intel about Iran?

It's more elegant an excuse/get-out-of-jail card than inexistent WMDs, don't you think?

Archived