The Last Hero's

I've been watching the series ' Last Heroes ' on television about the guys who were in the last war and their memories of where they were posted to, what battles they they involved in, injuries they sustained and the mates they had that didnt make it back - it really opens your eyes and makes you think.

Young people these days have very little respect for the older generation and no idea of what they had to go through in the war, if they were to sit down and watch these programs I'm sure they would have a change of attitude.

I can't begin to imagine what it must have been like sitting in your home during the war and hearing planes coming over then the sound of bombs falling followed by explosions.

These old timer's deserve our gratitude and respect.....not abuse and being mugged as so many are.

I went to see Journeys End at the Lyceum which was set in a WW1 dugout......I came out humbled and more grateful than ever that my dad returned from that horrific war.

Veterans of the first world war, second world war or for that matter of any war deserve respect, gratitude and humble thanks.

I've been watching the series ' Last Heroes ' on television about the guys who were in the last war and their memories of where they were posted to, what battles they they involved in, injuries they sustained and the mates they had that didnt make it back - it really opens your eyes and makes you think.

Young people these days have very little respect for the older generation and no idea of what they had to go through in the war, if they were to sit down and watch these programs I'm sure they would have a change of attitude.

I can't begin to imagine what it must have been like sitting in your home during the war and hearing planes coming over then the sound of bombs falling followed by explosions.

Exactly, and people these days think they're hard done to because their gas bill's gone up or they might have to work a few years more for their pension.

Compared to our grandparents' generation we don't know how mucky we are!

Exactly, and people these days think they're hard done to because their gas bill's gone up or they might have to work a few years more for their pension.

Compared to our grandparents' generation we don't know how mucky we are!

"Hardship" is all relative. Are you saying that just because people of the past had it harder than we do today that we all should just put up and shut about today's gripes? that would be music to the ears of the powers that be.

Archived