Racist Pubs in sheff

spiderfran28

Originally posted by robbie

I watched that awful FA Cup final between Villa and Chelsea in a pub in Baker Street, London. THre were 2 old Chelsea boys who just sang "no surrender to the IRA" constantly :loopy:

That is not racist so what is your point? If anything it is what is to be expected from a British citizen. I would be very surprised is someone dared to utter 'Let's surrender to the IRA!'. As a Mancunian by birth, I have a low tollerance for any organisation that decides to bomb my city centre. :rant:

i went in a pub in stocksbridge as my mate just recently moved they. we were having a quiet drink and a game of pool when a guy in his late 30tes came up to me and said "hi, my name is . . . . .. . . and i don't like what you are . . . . . black". in all my time in sheffield i've never been so shocked. should i had hit? or should i have walked away?

Originally posted by Ubiquitous

That is not racist so what is your point? If anything it is what is to be expected from a British citizen. I would be very surprised is someone dared to utter 'Let's surrender to the IRA!'. As a Mancunian by birth, I have a low tollerance for any organisation that decides to bomb my city centre. :rant:

oh I agree...but since there hadn;t been an IRA attack for years and they sung it over and over again.....

more annoying than actually racist

Life can be tough

reply to ad25121048: some people deliberately want to give anybody a hard time. They could pick on anything even the clothes you are wearing! Life is too short to be worried about these w*****s. I think they get some kind of weird perverted satisfaction when you get upset. Just smile and say "have a nice day !":P

Originally posted by ad25121048

i went in a pub in stocksbridge as my mate just recently moved they. we were having a quiet drink and a game of pool when a guy in his late 30tes came up to me and said "hi, my name is . . . . .. . . and i don't like what you are . . . . . black". in all my time in sheffield i've never been so shocked. should i had hit? or should i have walked away?

that's outrageous! I cannot believe it.

I'm living in Norfolk at the moment with my husband and we can't wait to leave and move back to Sheffield. People are very racist round here. Not a day goes by without one of my husband's colleagues saying something racist. And they come from various social backgrounds.

last year my brother was in spain and managed to go and see a couple of champions league matches, one of which was against celtic i think, and he was quite shocked at the anti english/pro IRA songs they were chanting all through the game.

fortunately my bro and his mate were mistaken for spaniards!

something along the lines of "aye ye can tell there spanish, just look at their fancy shoes!"

just goes to show the mentality of some people who judge others solely on their appearance.

doh!

We live in Sheffield remember and the majority of people in the smaller out of town villages or rougher estates are racist and homophobic, it is a lack of intelligence and tolerance. It is that typical, northern, working class attitude, which quite frankly makes me hate this city. Thats why I do not go to 'local' pubs because of all the thick oiks that drink there.

I suppose Sheffield is like a big village. I have noticed loads more racism here than I have back home in brum.

I hope its just the mminority.

When I first came to Sheffield I sort of felt a bit out of place as it isnt very multicultural.

Originally posted by Gayham

We live in Sheffield remember and the majority of people in the smaller out of town villages or rougher estates are racist and homophobic, it is a lack of intelligence and tolerance. It is that typical, northern, working class attitude, which quite frankly makes me hate this city. Thats why I do not go to 'local' pubs because of all the thick oiks that drink there.

is all that just a opinion or do you actually base it on any fact ?

the thread is about racists in pubs not homophobia , maybe you start your own thread about it :gag:

Archived