Racist Pubs in sheff

spiderfran28

Originally posted by unnamed

you entered a thread on racism to offer the solution... if you don't like it, stay out of the pub

if you don't like it... ignore it

that is condoning racism

when challenged about this your only response is to insult me personally

you aren't in the school yard now, son... try growing up a bit

i feel embarassed that i need to explain things like this to you... you can work a computer, you really can't be that stupid... but it seems to me that you are incapable of holding a decent conversation let alone understanding concepts of basic human rights and the morals of a mob-rule society

oh not you again:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

this bloke could rock a glass eye to sleep:|

Originally posted by panda79

i knew it wouldnt be long before the r word was shouted out

shame on you mrs :suspect:

and i didn't 'shout out the r word' i said that suggesting ignorance as a solution to racism is in fact condoning racism and as such is morally and lawfully wrong

here is a link if you need any more help...

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=condone

Originally posted by liencam

I never said the song was racist (1. show me where I did please), I pointed out that people singing it are unable to recognise the difference between Irish people and the IRA.

The problem stems from your frankly idiotic strawman that '

Those singing in the pub wouldn't have hesitated to slap down any decent Irish Person who had questioned their choice of lyrics. ' This implies that not only are the singers racist in so that they would attack 'any' Irish person who crossed there path, regadless of their political affiliation, but it is also a gross generalisation: how do YOU know that these people would attack any Irishman? Are you one of them? As you should know as a fan, part and parcle of being a football hooligan is being a coward - they push and shove, but never fight. You give them too much credit!

If an Irish person had asked them to stop singing they would have got a kicking. 2. Is that right?

Again, how do you know this? It is your personal opinon backed up by no evidence. Sure, you may think that these people would attack any Irishman ... more likely I think is that if confronted by an Irishman, the hooligan would stop his chanting very quickly through fear of more Irishmen coming and sorting them out! I ask you to provide evidence of past instances where Irishmen have been indescriminantly attacked after the chanting of anti terrorism songs.

3. Do you remember the story of the paedophile who was outed by a national newspaper a couple of years ago? I think it was in Bournemouth (some southern costal town anyway).

The very same day a baying mob of hundreds laid siege outside his home, disregarding the sign on the wall saying 'PAEDIATRICIAN'. We have to accept that this is country we live in today, hence my point about racial tension. Please comment on this.

Here is my comment: Massive Red Herring. Racial tension and anti-paedophilie sentiments are not the same thing. I know many people who despise paedophiles, but are not racists. Please read up on logic fallacies.

Now, as for your second paragraph, I am a football fan, and I attend plenty of matches, thank you very much. Your assumption that declaring George Best the greatest player ever (sthg more common for Man United fans rather than the greater footballing public) is racist is very amusing. But also very wrong.

Fans always laud their team's best player(s) and will freely give stick to opposition players who aren't as good, or who are playing badly, there is no malice in this however, it is all part of the banter of Football crowds.

Wow wait a minute ... was your sarcasm radar switched off or something? I mean for one thing I was pouring out more sarcasm than Angus Deeton in his prime ... I was using the example of Best to illustrate how illogical your stance was with regards to subjective opinons and malice. I am sorry that you did not grasp it. I should take partial blame for this through employing sarcasm rather than straight examples. I will not resort to sarcasm again in this debate.

From time to time things do get out of hand though. Both on the 'better player' level - this is usually limited to heated arguements and the occaisional fight - and also a more sinister level, goading relating to loss of life.

As a Liverpool fan I have seen both sides of this. I have seen a section of our fans poke fun at the Munich Air disaster. Similarly I have seen a section of Manchester United fans poke fun at the Hillsborough disaster.

The difference with me, and most other well balanced people, is that I understand it's only a small group of people singing these songs/chants etc - I don't tar every Man U fan with the same brush.

Agreed, although I find your taste in football clubs to be highly offensive! ;)

Unfortuantely there are people out there unable to see this difference, and it is they who cause a risk to society.

This is also true. However, I reject the idea that people who sing no surrender do not know the difference between the IRA and the Irish people. I believe you said earlier on that these people were Chelsea fans [i might be wrong here]. I am sure that they are huge fans of the Irish Damiem Duff who is not a member of the IRA. I for one have yet to hear any anti-Irish footballers chants based on race at a football match - yet I have heard many anti-IRA chants [not so many these days, it must be said]. If people could not differentiate between the IRA and race, then why are there no reported incidents of racist chants towards Irish players from even the lowest thug in the stands? Is it because your example that Anti-IRA and Anti-Irish are the same thing is ... wrong?

Now, if you've been paying attention you will notice I have placed thee numbers in this reply. I would like you to answer all numbered points questions, and have them on my desk by the morning.

PS - the atitude you display in your last para is shocking. But if you keep it up at school, I'm sure someone (like the people I mention above) will give you an atitude adjustment. Perhaps then you will have a frame of reference.

I doubt that. Having partial Irish blood running through my veins means that I have a point of reference to talk of anyway: experience. Experience of never being confronted because of my race. Admittedly, I am VERY anti-IRA [like all freedom lovers should be - the Irish problem should be resolved through peaceful democratic means only] however I am still curious as to how you have come to your generalised conclusions. Haven't you become the same beast that you critisise so vermently in your red herring/strawman infested posts?

Regardless, I look forward to your reply.

Archived