Best ways to make your money grow?

apart frim having a job, whats yout best ways to invest your money?

A job is not an investment vehicle.

It's not always wise to have a job?

Consider you can earn by working, enough to increase your savings, by X%, but lose X+% due to inflation...

And unemployed people aren't affected by inflation?

Food, gas, electric? Things like that?

Pensioners and those on benefits beware the Government's inflation con trick

Get a decent ISA with say someone like Fidelity or Invesco rather than some crappy bank ISA from HSBC etc.

My ISA pays 3.9% tax free and even that's not enough to counter the pernicious effects of inflation.

With the true inflation figure at least 6%, you would need an account paying 6% after tax (or tax free in the case of an ISA) just to stand still.

Anything less and you're losing money. Or, to put it more accurately, it is being stolen from you to prop up the ailing housing market.

Savers subsidise homebuyers by £100 billion a year

The Bank of England's low base rate is subsidising homebuyers at the expense of savers, says Lorna Bourke.

£100 billion subsidy

Inflation at a frightening 5.6% – or ‘only’ 5.2% if you believe the consumer price index – is devastating for us all, particularly as incomes are static or even falling. But it is far worse for savers, who suffer erosion of their spending power, than for borrowers, whose debts are inflated away while they pay record low rates.

Figures from HSBC have revealed the massive extent to which savers are now subsidising borrowers. Savers are paying more than £100 billion a year as an interest-rate subsidy to borrowers, while suffering a massive erosion of their savings – and there is little or nothing they can do about it.

Savers massively worse off

HSBC looked at the relatively recent past – in 1984, 1988 and 1991 inflation was running at around 5% – and compared the figures with today. It found that the average saver now holds three times more than in 1991, yet earns only a third of the income.

LINK

My ISA pays 3.9% tax free and even that's not enough to counter the pernicious effects of inflation.

With the true inflation figure at least 6%, you would need an account paying 6% after tax (or tax free in the case of an ISA) just to stand still.

Anything less and you're losing money. Or, to put it more accurately, it is being stolen from you to prop up the ailing housing market.

LINK

And the good news is?

LINK

They do seem to have it the wrong way round; borrowers should be giving savers growth on their savings.

What’s annoying me is that when interest rates were high I had mortgage, now I have no mortgage and have saving interest rates are low.

:mad:

Archived