If a restaurant said a sauce was suitable for vegetarians but you later..

And just how many restaurants serve it and for that matter how many off-licences sell it?

M&S and co-op do, probably all the supermarkets do it.....actually tescos probably not.

Places like Beanies probably do that and veggie beer which I believe you can get!

Oh and BYO restaurants definitely do it:D

Some of these are actually vegan.

I've no time for vegetarians myself. In fact, I'm strongly anti vegetarian and am planning to form a movement to be known as the VLF - the Vegetable Liberation Front.

We will storm greengrocers and remove the vegetables from display - replanting them back in the ground. We will liberate the carrot, free the parsnip, unshackle the sprout, pardon the potato, release the leek, set free the cabbage and the cauliflower. The world will be a better place. A place where cruelty to vegetables will be no more. A place where people eat meat and dairy products and fruit - but leave the little vegetables alone, in peace, in harmony with the world - the way it was meant to be.

Join me - please - in the VLF. If meat is murder then veg is vegicide - together we can stop it.

Some years ago someone recorded the sound vegetables made when pulled from the ground.

The screams were so terrible they gave up eating them and only ate meat.

Most vegetarians I've met tend to choose that diet for health and fitness or religious reasons. The people who complain about leather and milk are Vegans who tend to be self righteous pillocks. I have encountered extreme vegans, some even developed an irrational fear of animal products to the extent that even touching a sausage could send them into a fury of washing and bleaching themselves.

After a bad day, this post made me literally laugh out loud.....and spit tea on my keyboard.... thank you!!

<<<wanders off giggling @"touching a sausage could send them into a fury of washing and bleaching themselves" :bigsmile:

OK so the full story. I ordered a starter that had a sauce that was not suitable for vegetarians and I asked for another sauce instead that was at the bottom of the menu.

The waiter arrived with my starter and said "Oh... apparently it is suitable for vegetarians." I was out with a friend. I did not want to cause a fuss.

The next day I e-mailed the hotel and said "Hello! I want to book a group in. Is XXX sauce in XXX starter suitable for vegetarians and if not can you offer alternatives?" They replied with an 0845 number for a group booking, said it was not suitable for vegetarians and could not offer an alternative.

Archived