Halal meat - ignore it, or eat it?

Which is why I qualified my post with 'most' people. Why should the default position be to accuse anyone who has an issue with anything remotely Islamic of racism? Why should people be tolerant of intolerance. Religion breeds intolerance and it works both ways.

I bet you like a bit of meat.

Sorry Suff, I just had an AJ moment. :hihi:

Which is why I qualified my post with 'most' people. Why should the default position be to accuse anyone who has an issue with anything remotely Islamic of racism? Why should people be tolerant of intolerance. Religion breeds intolerance and it works both ways.
Because some people have sad, unstimulated little lives and spend their free hours trawling internet fora looking for excuses to accuse other people of racism or bigotry. It makes them feel important, as though they are doing something worthwhile, because in real life they are most likely the sort of people who were (badly) bullied at school, they have no face-to-face confidence and feel hugely empowered by their ability to fight their little campaign through the keyboard.

They respond to what they perceive as intolerance with vitriolic and hateful intolerance of others - it makes them feel good, strong in a way they can never be physically or in face-to-face debate, so they just can't help themselves when they get carried away at the keyboard.

What lives they must lead indeed.

I bet you like a bit of meat.

Sorry Suff, I just had an AJ moment. :hihi:

I have to say, that did make me laugh.

*now dons feminist hat* :rant::rant::rant::D

Because some people have sad, unstimulated little lives and spend their free hours trawling internet fora looking for excuses to accuse other people of racism or bigotry. It makes them feel important, as though they are doing something worthwhile, because in real life they are most likely the sort of people who were (badly) bullied at school, they have no face-to-face confidence and feel hugely empowered by their ability to fight their little campaign through the keyboard.

They respond to what they perceive as intolerance with vitriolic and hateful intolerance of others - it makes them feel good, strong in a way they can never be physically or in face-to-face debate, so they just can't help themselves when they get carried away at the keyboard.

What lives they must lead indeed.

Yet these very same people are more than happy to allow the vile intolerance, bigotry and racism of relgious folk, and I'm not talking about the extremists here.:roll: Such double standards. Double standards are racist in my view. Why should the intolerance of the religious minded folk be tolerated more than than the intolerance that non-religious folk have towards the intolerance of the religious?

Because racist bigots, like the poor, will always be with us.

Its not racist to be opposed to halal meat being served as the norm. A choice should be provided...And if the company can't afford to serve both then standard meat should be provided and the minority will have to make their own arrangements....

Its not racist to be opposed to halal meat being served as the norm. A choice should be provided...And if the company can't afford to serve both then standard meat should be provided and the minority will have to make their own arrangements....

Spot on..............

I'm sorry I must have misunderstood.

Suffy said this..

Why can people just not be allowed to not want to eat halal or kosher meat without it being turned into some huge racial issue? :rolleyes:

Then you responded by saying this...

Because racist bigots, like the poor, will always be with us.

So I responded by saying..

You again...

I've never suggested otherwise Frank. Do keep up!

I assume Suffy was saying that its not racist to be opposed to the eating of halal meat, but then you seemed to imply it is?

Archived